News Clone Wars spin-off-- The Bad Batch

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Skimming through this thread made me wonder if Morrison would be voicing the clones in Bad Batch since his new return to SW is bigger than just Mando. But I'm guessing that's a no.

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

So far as I'm aware, only Dee Bradley Baker has been confirmed to be voicing the clones.

I wasn't really hypothesising about Morrison being in the show, so much as just idly wondering "what if?"

3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh I know.

4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Turtletrekker likes this.
  5. Gordie

Gordie Captain Captain

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Star Wars just tweeted The Bad Batch begins May the 4.

6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Of course it does.

7. Tuskin38

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Any word on how many episodes it'll have? I'm guessing anywhere from 8-13?

9. Tuskin38

No number yet.

10. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Well. Unlike The Clone Wars, the Bad Batch does not have a pre-existing end (Revenge of the Sith), so this group of clones could go on to do whatever for years before they ran into anything that's been done so far (Solo) or expected to be done (Lando and Kenobi), and a Long ways until Rebels, Andor, and Rogue One.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Are we sure that's legit? It doesn't look up to the standards of their usual character design quality and as you say, the likeness isn't great. The article claims it's from the official instagram, and I'm on it right now and I'll be damned if I can find the supposed posting. Just a bunch of birthday wishes to various cast & crew, the latest High Republic character profile and a little R2 & Chopper cartoon drawing.
    A google image search also only brings up a handful of small time news aggregate sites carrying the same story. Nothing mainstream and nothing official.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I tried searching for just Fennec Shand and a couple people posted it and said they saw it on the official Star Wars story, but when I looked there was no story. I guess they must have pulled it.

14. Tuskin38

I don't think Obi-Wan and Anakin look much like Ewan or Hayden in Clone Wars, and look at Dooku, jeeze.

This is just the Clone Wars art style.

Booji likes this.
  15. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Plus the character would be about 30 years younger than when she showed up on the Mandalorian.

16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Most of that is working with the legacy designs of the old Tartakovsky show that was highly caricatured. A more apt comparison would be Bo Katan, and the Rebels version of Saw, both of which hewed much closer to their respective actors than this seems to have.
    Have you seen what Ming Na Wen looked like 30 years ago? The woman is practically immortal.

17. Tuskin38

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's pretty cool.

19. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

New trailer...

saddestmoon likes this.
  20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

So obvious question first; who's the kid? They appear to be on Kamino at first, so another clone? I think they're supposed to be a girl, but with animated child voices it's tough to tell sometime (particularly since either gender is generally played by women), but the headgear and the fact that the last two shows had a male lead makes me inclined to think they're a she. If so when why is a human child (that isn't a Jango clone) hanging around clone commandos on Kamino? Are the Kaminoans experimenting with other human templates? Are they doing an X-23 with Jango's DNA? Also, is that a Nightsister bow they're using?

Other random notes: -
    • Nice (but not surprising) to see Rex in the mix. Presumably Wolfe and Gregor won't be far behind.
    • Saw on the other hand is a surprise, though on reflection it probably shouldn't have been. With the original TCW voice actor no less and a design that seems to be trying to close the gap.
    • V-Wings! I don't' know why that makes me happy, but it does.
    • As expected, The Bad Batch seem to be going in a definite 'A-Team' direction. Fun!

saddestmoon likes this.