Christopher Eccleston finally speaks about why he left Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by mappster, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

This is Trek BBS we could have a Video showing us the exact reason why he left and their still would be some people who would say there is more to it.:lol:

2. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Yes but the point is he didn't give clear reasons. He gave unclear reasons.

3. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I wonder if the reasons why Mal Young and Eccleston left are related.

4. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kinda embarassed to say the 'gay' thing was the first thing I thought of. At least until I recalled the kiss. I'm sorry, but I can't see any way they could have forced him to do that scene if he really objected.

No...I'm pretty sure thats just you.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

6. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

Despite being my least favourite Doctor, compared to the rest of RTD's era Eccleston's season stands up pretty well. There are some genuinely solid stories in there. And it's clear as day to anyone who's heard what he's got to say and can fill in the gaps with some of the more prominent rumours that he disliked the writing, the culture, and working on the show. And when he's got Barrowman strutting around all day being lewd with his nob out, who can blame him?

7. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:techman:

8. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well gay marriage is now legal in Iowa (of all places!)

Hummmm....

9. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're right, it's completely clear what he disliked to anybody willing to make stuff up and put words in his mouth.

You don't know that he's alluding to any of those "more prominent rumors;" you are making a completely unfounded assumption. For all you know, he may have quit because he felt that the extras on the show weren't receiving adequate pay.

We don't know. That's all we can say honestly -- something was happening that Eccleston objected to, and we don't know what it was.

10. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't it pretty well established that the first production block was a bit chaotic, partly because of the director, and partly because everyone was working ouit how to do this again?
    Eccleston is very keen on people doing their job well, and knowing what they're doing, so that soured him on the show from day one, and while things improved as the season went on, they hadn't improved enough to win him back over by the time he had to choose whether to stay or go.
    This is just a bit more on-the-record backing for that scenario.

11. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Clearly CE quit because of his objection to all the gay orgies RTD forced the cast & crew into...and the fact that RTD made him wear a dress on the set in-between takes.

It's all there, plain as day in his recent statements...I don't know how he could have been any more clear about it people!!!

(Also, Jews...CE hated all the Jews on the set, for acting openly Jewish around him...)

12. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

You know way back in 13 century France a bigot was a very tall person with no schooling......just thought i would throw that out there.

13. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

You're only saying that because you're prejudiced. :rolleyes:

14. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Damn French...

15. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

So, was CE afraid that John Barrowman would force him to commit buttsecks in the TARDIS? Is that why he quit?

16. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I can assure you i have never used one of these machines ever, i prefer to just eat the fruit whole.:drool:

17. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

This would be the same BBC management that has either Graham Norton or John Barrowman on nearly all their programmes?

(Dramatic licence for comic effect, but you get my drift)

18. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

You know you are right! I think I remember that CE was burning synagogues on his breaks between takes on set..phew, sure dodged a bullet with that guy..:techman:

also I think he kept a small fake square mustache in his leather jacket pocket..

19. starsuperion

you make perfect sense with that..:techman: hate those damn red hair pushers!! the ultimate Ginge my ass!!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  20. starsuperion

you know there are serious debates about homosexuality, and those who believe it is how you are born, and those who believe it is a lifestyle choice.. I am not going to debate that..it is pointless, those who believe it is how you are born are never going to think outside of their point of view, and neither are those who believe it's a lifestyle choice.

so why go down that road.

and as far as being born black as a point of view.. well, maybe you should ask Eminem what he thinks about that..

Again, that is not a proven science, and it seems like some homosexual people use this as a defense to call others who do not share the same passion, and to call them a bigot or evil and unacceptable. I think this makes them hypocrites..

Case in point:

"I was born that way, all gay people are born that way! so that makes you instantly a bigot! cause you disagree, but disagree means hate.. you are a hater can't you see?"

I never said I find Gay people unnatural.. nor did I say I hated them, my comment about the heterophobe is legit.. why should I not have the same crutch to lean on as a gay person, I myself was Born Hetero.. so does that make you a bigot cause you can not accept me.. or is my way of sexual preference simply a choice as well?? see it goes both ways, is all I was trying to say..

to put words in my mouth to justify your position is unfair to me and then labels me or seeks to label me a bigot or prejudice.. when that is simply not the case.

I agree with this statement..
    my simple point is that while CE may not be a homophobe, he may disagree with supporting openly gay acts on TV. He has a right as a human being to not want to play as the doctor and support that theme..just as BET has the right to not hire any white-male hosts for their network.

I don't know if I can agree with that.. I mean, he had an action figure made in Gi Joe as Destro, and that movie was huge in budget and had grueling shooting schedules.. if not a bit weak on script..so it just seems like those arguements are not all there, though could be a part of the picture..I mean we are talking about a person after all, which comes with their own moods, feelings, and ideas that can not be quantified by examples or past history..much to the protest of psychologists, and psychiatrists..

some people just do things, because they want to, regardless of the consequences or past choices..

that is what makes us great and wonderful, humans aren't predictable, and can change their mind against all better track records, at a moments notice..

I think he quit cause of RTD's Breathe, which I remember reading is pretty bad.

I am humbled by your wise words of wisdom.. and I see now why your awesome avatar is the perfect choice.. The Older Doctor smoking the pipe of knowledge brings a sort of Gandalf of space and time quality to the Doctor.. and I love it! absolutely love it! there are brilliant people on this site, some I disagree with, but none that I hate..

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.