Christmas Watch 2016

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by tharpdevenport, Aug 16, 2016.

1. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

I know it's an old thread, but it's mine and I have something to add to it:

A few days ago somebody I know told me that she was in Sam's Club a week or two ago and already saw a friggin' Christmas decoration up. That would make it early August or even possibly the tail end of JULY!

It's ridiculous. Fuck, why take Christmas stuff down at all? Why not just pare it back and then come August, start slowly ramping it up. Geez.

I love Christmas like most normal people, but I don't want it for half a year. As far s I am concerened, I think it's reasonable that some Christmas stuff show up a day after Halloween, and then more about Thanksgiving Day. All the Christmas candy, however, can be there the day after Halloween.

And since my Pumpkin Spice Must Be Stopped thread was destroyed, I was in Big Lots a week ago and goddamn -- I smelled pumpkin spice. Sure enough, right behind mere were pumpkin spice candles. No, bad store! Go to your room!

2. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Just done Christmas in July.. Half the trimmings.. all the food like end of year but only a few decorations.

3. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Ah, it must be that time of the year again. It seems like it happens earlier and earlier each year.