CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Richard Baker, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Well it is Georgia. Time to start a good ol' fashion lynchin'!

Admiral2 likes this.
  2. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Ack, I think it's set to go public tonight but I will check the magic machine. :)

Edit: I set it to go public in a half an hour. Thanks for catching that.

wtriker1701, ThankYouGeneR and dmac like this.
  4. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Rob. He lied. He lies all the time. You say that like carlosp deserves to be lied to. Do all his donors deserve to be lied to as well? Is lying a trait you want to applaud your boss for having?

Go play with your Hot Toys and shut up.

wtriker1701, Amaris and dmac like this.
  5. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Burnett's just a hanger-on now with this pathetic group of shits who have had no real wins in this case and have none to look forward to.

Good luck back out in LA., Bobby. Your abysmal judgment is costing a lot, hmm?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    BillJ, KennyB and wtriker1701 like this.
  6. ernie90125

ernie90125 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I have now received an email apology from Alec Peters. It seems sincere actually.

Sorry he cannot give a refund and sorry if I what he does send (DVD) isn't acceptable to me.

Well, sincereity deserves reciprocation so I'm not going to become an online hater or keyboard warrior about the guy. But nor do I condone infringement of copyrights/trademarks, or attempts to prevaricate in his earlier emails to me.

I can't help but feel if he'd been sincere from the start, how different things could have been?

7. muCephi

muCephi Commodore Commodore

Quotes from thread: "so you [reporting] used a plant and didn't corroborate it and you got played... you have to expect some sort of payback... boohoo Alec lied"

1. You admit you have insider knowledge that this is 'payback'.

2. You admit you have insider knowledge that Alec lied in public statements with express intent to discredit among the gullible the criticisms on Axamonitor's website.

3. Before having admitted this, you show you are with intent part of the ripoff of fans by personally asserting out of the blue the false narrative that Axamonitor "once again" gets it "completely wrong", when you know the content on that site is true and deceiving fans about this fact is = ripping them off of their right to know the truth.

4. You show contempt for the remaining 2% of Axanar fans who still donate/come out to help, by participating in a manipulation of some of them in order to achieve a gotcha just designed to distract that 2%, who are all who may be fooled by it.

So how about *you* tell the fans where their money is? Will no one in Axanar just outright abjectly and without reservation admit to fans that it was wrong to take their money and build a for profit business unrelated to the film using their money? How can anyone in the center of such a scam be prideful enough at this point to engage in such a waste of time as to defend it to the few who still haven't caught on?

8. muCephi

muCephi Commodore Commodore

So say we all.

If he had been sincere from the start, he would not have represented to donors that he and his team had the professional knowledge to successfully avoid IP issues with CBS/Paramount to build a private for profit business remaking unlicensed Trek IP and also leveraging the value of Trek IP to fund a studio for other for profit activities.

Yet he did just that and raised about a million in two crowdfunds that rested on this pillar of supposed truth, that the plan was ok because of their insider knowledge and contacts.

Now all that money is wasted. And his answer, when he is not trying to discredit the record kept of his actions, is "sorry I never made the film that people paid for".

It would have been totally different if they were sincere from the start, because they would not have proceeded down a path justified by false self serving claims.

BeatleJWOL and Admiral2 like this.
  9. Serveaux

BTW, what kind of shithole is Alec stashing his half-built sets in now that Axanar has been run out of the warehouse the production couldn't afford with its fraudulently obtained money?

10. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So RMB claims he showed CBS an hour of footage? When was this? Did I miss something?

How do you have an hour of footage when there are no completed sets and supposedly no script?

At last count there was Prelude to Nothingness, the Vulcan Greenscreen, and the Richter-scale CGI footage. That accounts for maybe about 38 minutes. Is he counting his Barbie doll storyboards? Outtakes? Cat videos?

The douchecanoe is taking on water and sinking fast. :techman:

BillJ and Admiral2 like this.
  11. dmac

dmac Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You know what?
    Life is far to short to become a "Hater" of anyone. I'm sure you are a decent wonderful person trying to do something for the fan film community. Alec fooled a lot of people and collected a lot of cash but he was NEVER a fan film.
    There are many perfectly wonderful fan film clubs that invite people to become involved in any way possible, seek them out and join one. It's a positive rewarding experience which kicks the crap....ulence out of Alec's excessive indulgence.

wtriker1701 likes this.
  12. Serveaux

There's no mystery to explaining every weirdness associated with Axanar if you remember that everything said by those folks is a lie.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  13. dmac

Mystery? Tall tales rake in the dough. Mystery Solved.

14. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

To quote the TOS episode "I Mudd":

NORMAN: "You say you are lying, but if everything you say is a lie then you are telling the truth, but you cannot tell the truth because everything you say is a lie. You lie. You tell the truth. But you cannot for. Illogical! Illogical! Please explain."

:wtf::whistle::shrug:;)

jespah, dmac and Admiral2 like this.
  15. ThankYouGeneR

ThankYouGeneR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

NO

16. ThankYouGeneR

I admire this presentation of thought in Oahu63‏'s tweet.
    The question was: "Then why so interested in besmirching other filmmakers?"

dmac likes this.
  17. dmac

Historically a lynchin, (also known as a kangaroo court) lynch mob or to be lynched is a mock trial held by persons without any legal authority and is often used incorrectly to replace the term "hanging" Oddly history records two unrelated people that bore the name of Lynch which held trials without any true authority. Often the result of a lynching resulted in a Hanging, whipping or the lost of property.
    Still we do not wish to express acts of violence on this thread.

18. ThankYouGeneR

history -> Southern -> Georgia -> good ol' fashion lynchin -> Unimaginable Cruelty & Awfulness
    Well it is Georgia. Time to start a good ol' fashion lynchin'!
    NO

Yes, absolutely, I do indeed concur wholeheartedly!

dmac likes this.
  19. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

No, not exactly. The definition of a "kangaroo court" is a judicial tribunal or assembly that blatantly disregards recognized standards of law or justice. This can be a legitimate court in which the judge and/or jury ignores the law. A lynch mob often doesn't offer any "trial" but rather simply rounds up and punishes those whom they feel are automatically guilty by virtue of their skin color, religion, or whatnot.

dmac and ThankYouGeneR like this.
  20. dmac

Charles Lynch (1736-1796) was a Virginia planter, politician, and American revolutionary who headed an irregular court in Virginia to punish Loyalist supporters

Judge Lynch has executed 190 persons, 187 men and three women, during 1894, ten less than last year.

The administration of summary punishment, especially death, upon a suspected, accused, or convicted person by a mob acting without legal process or authority. ... In fact, it has its origin in " lynch law," or the rule of the Vigilantes.

The name kangaroo court is a disdainful appellation for a judicial tribunal or assembly that blatantly disregards recognized standards of law or justice, and often carries little or no official standing in the territory within which it resides.

It's all bad. I did a lot of research a few years back attempting to capture the flavor behind it for a story I wanted to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.