News CBS Making new animated shorts for the 50th Anniversary of TAS

I wonder what these shorts would entail. Since they could have just done a flyby of the NX-Refit with Archer saying the captain’s oath to include ENT. He had already recorded it before a couple of decades ago, so its not like they would have to have done much work.

Just an odd omission considering the various name drops of Archer in the shows.

I’m not. You’re the one who keeps bringing up ENT as if it’s some magical cure-all for the Star Trek franchise.

But you are. You are annoyed at my post, that's of no consequence. Therefore, you are taking it personally.

Go outside and touch some grass for a change. Yeesh.

Should be cute/fun!

Isn't it kind of odd that it seems like they're doing more for the 50th anniversary of TAS than they did for the 50th anniversary of the entire franchise?
I'm delighted and appalled all at the same time. I love TAS.

TBF, for the 50th they weren't really IN the "Star Trek biz" at the time. They had made Beyond, which they didn't seem to have a lot of faith in, and they were ramping up for Disco. Calling back to history didn't do much to boost their current prospects like it does now.

I just noticed, that trailer gave us our first look at what Discovery Season 5's opening 'ship flys around Delta' animation is going to be.

TBF, for the 50th they weren't really IN the "Star Trek biz" at the time. They had made Beyond, which they didn't seem to have a lot of faith in, and they were ramping up for Disco. Calling back to history didn't do much to boost their current prospects like it does now.
Well Beyond and Discovery were not made by the same people. One was Paramount, the other was CBS.

Isn't it kind of odd that it seems like they're doing more for the 50th anniversary of TAS than they did for the 50th anniversary of the entire franchise?
I mean, yes and no.

Beyond had a weird life cycle about it in that the first trailer brought howls of protest, despite Lin supposedly being "more of a Trek fan than Abrams" (:rolleyes:). So I think it created a measure of confusion as to how people are going to react, and they scaled back.

Now, I could be completely wrong, and I am that odd person who does not care about anniversaries for TV shows (or my birthday for that matter) so perhaps this big deal is bigger to those who value anniversaries more than I.

Should be cute/fun!

Isn't it kind of odd that it seems like they're doing more for the 50th anniversary of TAS than they did for the to 50th anniversary of the entire franchise?
Yup. I guess the TV division cares a bit more about marking the occasion. It will always be a very poor decision to not mark the occasion of 50th anniversary of the franchise in a greater way. I imagine the celebrations for the 60th anniversary will highlight this even more so and completely show up the failings of how they handled the 50th.

Should be cute/fun!

Trek was split in two at that time, the movie and TV divisions. TV wasn't allowed to do anything within 6 months of a movie release so they were basically blocked. Paramount didn't want anything "competing" with Beyond, Trek wise.

Also they didn't have a streaming service where they can do weird experimental shorts like this.

They looked fun. I wonder how long they will be for being very short. I'm thinking 5 minutes or less.

I really do miss the short trek concept though so it's nice they are kinda bringing it back.

Trek was split in two at that time, the movie and TV divisions. TV wasn't allowed to do anything within 6 months of a movie release so they were basically blocked. Paramount didn't want anything "competing" with Beyond, Trek wise.

Also they didn't have a streaming service where they can do weird experimental shorts like this.

Stop being reasonable!!!:p

Back