Castle season 8 discussion thread - spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Kirby, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Brilliant. So it would be just as silly as their supposed 'separation' this past season. Blech.

2. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Because there had to be someone behind LokSat; an even bigger, badder baddie than Major Dad. And goddammit, Becket has to get to the bottom of it. The only way that she can keep Castle and his family safe is to... blah blah blah...

3. Stephen Lee

Stephen Lee Commodore Commodore

LokSats' daughter is a ruthless, emotionless killer and she is in town for payback. But since Beckett is dead - and the only remaining persons left is Castle & family/friends, she plans to take them out one by one, slowly and painfully. Beckett hunts for the mysterious killer with step-mom as they hop around the globe earning air miles. A year later back in NY, Castle starts dating again having finally gotten over the death of his wife. What new tales await our ruggedly handsome writer?

4. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

So much for "Always", huh? :sigh:

5. Stephen Lee

Stephen Lee Commodore Commodore

Sorry, he couldn't keep it in his pants.

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

[​IMG]

So glad they killed the show instead, because my TV-OCD completism would have forced me to continue watching, and I would have become more and more disgusted with my weakness as this televised wheelbarrow of turds kept rolling along, diminishing itself as it had diminished me.

But what if we only think the show is dead, and it's actually working undercover for a secret special ops division of the FCC to expose the person behind the person behind the person behind the person behind the person who truly killed off Firefly, and that's why it could never settle down and enjoy the simple life?

Or, what if I accidentally touched an Aztec talisman and now I'm in an alternate universe where I think the show was mercifully put out to pasture way past its prime, but in reality, it continues on indefinitely?

Alternatively, suddenly out of nowhere, ninjas produce a ninth season!

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

It's out there. Just like that Zombie Season Seven of LOST.

8. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Either cut the shootout completely for a longer coda, or make the coda Castle and Beckett waking up together in hospital recovery. This was just dumb. My vote is they ran out of steam and didn't care.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It was more ABC ran out of show runners and didn't care. But I agree. There was so much more they could have done even with that 10 seconds of add on.

This is one of the only shows ever get canceled in which the fans are thankful.

Kitty Worrier and Random_Spock like this.
  10. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

We finally watched the finale last night.

The episode itself wasn't that bad, if not a bit rushed. And I certainly didn't want the show to end with them bleeding out on his floor. But the ending was so brief and so...WTF? They might as well have just run a scroll over the last apartment scene saying "And they lived happily ever after..."

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Finally caught up with this when it aired in the UK last night.

Oh. Dear.

The actual episode, as others have said, wasn’t bad in itself. The reveal about LokSat was terrible however, although I’m exceptionally glad it wasn’t Vikram all along, because that would have been worse. Given how much they’d side-lined Vikram lately I’d come to the conclusion that they’d given up on him even as a character, let alone a master villain.

The reveal that it was the guy from the murder club though? That was so random I reminded of that Simpsons episode when they left everyone marooned on an island. “Oh let’s say Loksat was….…Alexis.”

That tacked on coda really should have had a voiceover of Castle saying “I didn’t know how long we’d have together. Who does?”

I will miss the show, or at least the show it used to be, but like everyone else I’m glad it’s over.

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they really were gonna end the show 30 seconds after they were both shot and bleeding out, I say have a funeral at the end for both of them.

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Could have been worse I suppose, they could have just had Castle sitting at a typewriter implying it was all in his head all along!

14. bigdaddy

I was thinking that for a season 9. That it was all just a book, kind of like the lame ass Roseanne ending.

15. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I just learned today that Bones also did an acappella themed episode. Compared to Castle's lame acappella themed episode? Bones blew Castle away by miles. They manage to snag both Pentatonix and Sam Tsui for the episode whereas Castle didn't even have a single acappella related celebrity. Which in turn led to better musical pieces on Bones.

Random_Spock likes this.
  16. bigdaddy

Sam Tsui was on Bones and I didn't know! I'm a huge fan... or was a huge fan until I heard he got married.

(I have a crush in him. :lol: )

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

They added backing music to the songs on Bones which I thought was odd.