Captain Cardboard Klingon D7 build up

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by REL, Sep 15, 2007.

1. REL

REL Commander Red Shirt

This is a kit I built for a client, I think it's 1/300 scale, it's 27" long. I painted it from inspiration from the Phase II D7.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Plum

Plum Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Frackin' wow!

3. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just one question... what is the "Phase II D7" you mention?

When I hear the phrase "Phase II" in Trek terms, I think of the proposed mid-70s resurrected series. I am not aware of any "redesigned D-7" from that series proposal, however.

4. REL

REL Commander Red Shirt

The Phase II Klingon Cruiser was a 4' D7 they built, with painted on paneling nearly the same as the K'Tinga. After Phase II was scraped, that same model was detailed with raised hull plating, some changes made, new nacelles etc. and became the K'Tinga seen in TMP, that same model was then redetailed and made into the Quonos I for Undiscovered Country.

So that's what I did with this one, basically painted K'Tinga style hull plating on a smooth bodied D7.

A pic of the Phase II Klingon Cruiser.

[​IMG]

5. Griffworks

Griffworks Commander Red Shirt

As REL said. I believe there's a bit of history of this mentioned in either the "Star Trek: Phase II" book or "The Art of Star Trek". Neither of my references are handy, so I'm going from memory, but I know there are pics in both books. One just has more information on the model than the other.