Brannon Braga on a possible Season 5 through Netflix + More...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by FrontierTrek, Mar 24, 2013.

1. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi folks, we did a special sit-down interview with Brannon Braga a while back in London and asked him about some of the hot-button topics including his thoughts on plots for a fifth season on Enterprise, the "Save Enterprise" fan campaign and his use of the Borg.

You can watch / read the full interview here: http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/03/exclusive-brannon-braga-interview-part-ii/

Some very interesting points revealed including Braga's belief that a fifth season would still be feasible if enough support was garnered in an environment such as Netflix.

This is the second part (Part 1 doesn't focus on Enterprise too much, but in case you want to see that too - check here)

2. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd LOVE for that to be true, about the power of Netflix being able to resurrect ENTERPRISE. Even for a two-hour reunion episode. That would make up for "These are the Voyages" and could focus on wrapping up the 22nd Century, without compromising screentime for any holodeck nonsense or irrelevant dilemma faced by two TNG guest-stars. Blimey when I think about more exciting last mission possibilities that could've secured the NX-01 crew a place in history, the show's creators went with the one least likely to have been taught to a class full of future generations.

The best way to have capped this series, would've been to show an elderly Admiral Archer at the launch ceremony for TOS U.S.S. Enterprise, (or visiting the ship under construction) and looking back at past events years apart. Condense the landmark stuff down to scenes told in flashback, like his crew's involvement in the Romulan War and Birth of the Federation. Throw in a few surprises, like a deathbed confession he lied and cheated in someway. Kept some details out of official records, so the alliance at the heart of all the other Star Trek series, could flourish.

I don't think TPTB pay much attention to Netflix (or indeed any) numbers outside the USA.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  3. LtChange

LtChange Captain Captain

Sadly I have no Netflix in my country but if a new episode would show up on Netflix I'm sure it would appear in blu-ray too, and I would buy that first day. So bring it on, watch Enterprise on Netflix USA fans :) I would so love the Romulan Wars and Mirror universe episodes, and also other planned episodes like the one with the cloud city that was planned for season 5.

Maybe we should do a Netflix petition too ... In theory this is their mail address ():

Netflix, Reed Hastings Chief Executive Officer Netflix Inc.
    Reed Hastings
    Chief Executive Officer
    Netflix Inc.
    100 Winchester Cir
    Los Gatos, CA 95032

4. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

While the chance of something like that ever happening is slim to non, I do think it would be pretty nifty. For one thing, it would be an excuse for a the few year jump that would propel ENT into the Romulan War years.

5. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Season 5 on Netflix, oh hell yes! That would be great.!

6. nschamp1976

nschamp1976 Cadet Newbie

I think after the JJ Abrams saga is over a new Enterprise movie should be made that deals with the birth of the Federation and the Romulan Wars. I know the books dealt with it but many people havent read the books so they could come up with something similar or use the 3 movie script already written that was turned down when JJ took over the reins. I like the Abrams films but have always wondered what those movies could potentially have been like.

7. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Enterprise is not viable as a film franchise. Netflix is the best anyone can hope for, and it's a stretch.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I dunno if a whole season is realistic, but a two-hour finale film would be great. I wonder what kind of support such a project might get on Kickstarter.

9. Nx-01fan

Nx-01fan Ensign Newbie

I think it would be great - series, mini-series or a two-hour proper finale, I'd like any - but only if all the cast were on board.

10. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd watch it..

11. Danger Ace

Danger Ace Commander Red Shirt

A much more worthy effort would be to start a petition and raise money for an "Erase All Episodes of "Enterprise" and Forget it Ever Existed!" campaign. It could be like a good old-fashioned Sunday Social and "Dixie Chicks" CD burning.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

No.

13. Danger Ace

:rofl:

Netflix would be a great home for new episodes of "Enterprise" - If you were starved for poorly written sci-fi episodes recited by a select group of desperate looking actors huddled around a lone microphone, shivering in a largely empty, non-descript warehouse, and incorporating their own sound-effects while reciting dialogue.

Throw in a Kraft Services table consisting of Skittles, quartered day-old Bagels, and Tab and I figure Anthony Montgomery would sign on.
    :guffaw:

14. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This this this, a million times this!
    Fix the problems with the finale and we're all good.

15. captain-brad

captain-brad Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

OK, I'm serious, if there's any way we can start a petition or some kind of campaign, I say we do something to get the attention of Netflix. Maybe starting a Kickstarter wouldn't bring in enough money, but would make them take notice at least. Any other ideas?

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hilariously, not only has that not happened, but the last movie did the exact opposite. Sucks to be you:)
    [​IMG]

17. captain-brad

18. LtChange

LtChange Captain Captain

Somebody should take this petition to the official Star Trek facebook page, it has almost 2.176.000 likes, so a potential HUGE number of people seeing the petition, and ask the admins to share the petition link with a comment like:
    In a recent interview Brannon Braga said it might be possible to bring back Enterprise on Netflix. What can you do?
    1: Watch Star Trek Enterprise on Netflix. Netflix will see that the show is popular
    2: Sign this petition:
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/855/733/216/resurrect-star-trek-enterprise/

The petition will be sent to Netflix when it has enough signers.
    You can also write to Netflix at:

Netflix, Reed Hastings Chief Executive Officer Netflix Inc.
    Reed Hastings
    Chief Executive Officer
    Netflix Inc.
    100 Winchester Cir
    Los Gatos, CA 95032

Thank you

19. captain-brad

Good call, LtChange. I'll look into that later today on my lunch break.

20. Danger Ace

A flaming bag of poo on his doorstep would be kinder and more to the point. :lol: