Brainbox's Voyager Interiors

Hi Star Trek fans, here is another update of the runabout. And it is also a premier as this one was never build before from what i know. It just existed as a concept sketch before. I designed the backpart so it is now a fusion of Rick Sternbach's and my ideas. How do you like it.

runabout_wip8 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

runabout_wip9 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

runabout_wip10 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

runabout_wip11 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

runabout_wip12 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

runabout_wip13 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

Hi trekkies, i started building the shuttlebay. I have to redesign it from scratch as it is out of scale. The deltaflyer does not fit inside the shuttlebay if im building it like it was in the show. I have to optimize it to make it proper. So i hope you are ok with that. It will become a nice shuttlebay. Here is a preview of the basic shape. It follows the contours of the voyager hull and will not be L- shaped like in the show. I will build two elevators which connects the shuttlebay with the cargo rooms below. At least i can clear alot of inconsistencies with these modifications as i believe.

Those angled walls are distinctly Voyager - I'm glad you were able to incorporate them into your design.

Those angled walls are distinctly Voyager - I'm glad you were able to incorporate them into your design.

Thx, well im really trying to make it look like the voyager shuttlebay so im reusing as much voyager elements as possible.
At the end i think it will become quite good. Lets see.

Hi folks, here is another update of the shuttlebay. I changed the previous version as i was not satisfied with it. The voyager model which you can see on some of the images is downloaded from trekmeshes and made by the author "Flat Eric". That model will be replaced by my own voyager model once it is finished. What do you thin about the newest shuttlebay?

shuttlebay_wip15 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip16 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip17 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip18 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip19 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip20 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip21 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip22 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip23 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip24 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip25 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip26 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip27 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

Interesting - is the intent to reflect the curved surface of the outer hull? It does look like you lose a lot of overhead space for no reason, otherwise.

Interesting - is the intent to reflect the curved surface of the outer hull? It does look like you lose a lot of overhead space for no reason, otherwise.

It is intent to use as much space as possible otherwise i wouldn't be able to carry two big shuttles like the deltaflyer and the runabout at the same time. Today i will integrate it into the ue4 engine. A short clip is following soon. Im still adding details to the shuttlebay.

The Delta Flyer fits through the bay door? Did you have to increase its size?

Awesome modeling work, by the way. :)

Hi friends, here is a new version of the shuttlebay. I know this is the third version and i was allready integrating version 2 into the gameengine but i was not happy with version 2 at all. It felt wrong. What do you think about the new version. Hope you like it.
The Federation Type-9 Class 2 Shuttle is from trekmeshes from the Author Mohammad 'MK84' Khair. The version will be replaced when my own Type9 Shuttle is finished.

shuttlebay_wip32 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip29 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip30 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip31 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

shuttlebay_wip33 by daniel.brainbox, on Flickr

I'm not sure why, but those new beams look far more appropriate, well done!

I take it then that there's to be no separate construction / repair bay for the Delta Flyer?

I'm not sure why, but those new beams look far more appropriate, well done!

I take it then that there's to be no separate construction / repair bay for the Delta Flyer?

Thank you, im quite happy now. I made the beams thinner and added more details to them. Not sure if i will add an extra repair bay.

Back