Black Widow anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

In case you didn't see it in the Marvel thread, Marvel released promoting the upcoming films for the next two years which contained even more new footage from Black Widow.

3. P Tom

P Tom Commander Red Shirt

Extended featurette with Rachel Weisz

Turtletrekker likes this.
  4. Turtletrekker

First clip.

The Nth Doctor and Tosk like this.
  5. The Nth Doctor

"Okay, any time now!"
    "Shaddup!"

Ah, sister rivalry. :lol:

I got my second shot last week so barring any major issues in central North Carolina, I'm fully prepared to watch this film on the big screen as soon as it comes out.

Finally.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, me too.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

:( I'm still waiting to get my first dose.

8. Turtletrekker

9. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am also still waiting for my first vaccine dose. I promised myself that I'd wait until full vaccination before I saw it in a proper cinema. But I doubt that Disney's going to wait for those of us who've made similar promises in our millions, whomever we've made such promises to. :(

10. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

Advance tickets are now on sale. Got mine for a 7-10 matinee :D

11. The Nth Doctor

I don't think I'm going to have to worry about getting advance tickets...

12. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got my 2nd dose and I'm still hesitant to see anything in a theatre. Going to wait a little while, see how this all plays out first. On the positive side, I don't feel I'm missing out on anything and it's purely my choice.

I have zero problems paying to stream knowing I won't be annoyed by others, to boot. My Infinity War experience almost made me not want to see Endgame in the theatre because of annoying people.

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even if there were no pandemic, I wouldn't be worried about advance tickets. I've never bought advance tickets and I almost always see movies on opening weekend. Hell, Star Wars The Last Jedi I saw opening night, the very first 2-D screening without an advance ticket.

14. The Nth Doctor

I completely understand that hesitancy. I was going to see The Quiet Place 2 at the cinema opening weekend (because that's the kind of film that deserves the theater experience) but AMC coincidentally reversed their mask mandate (saying now anyone who is vaccinated is not required...which, of course, is crappy policy) that same week and I changed my mind.

I plan to see Black Widow at the cinema, not just because it's long overdue and I've seen every single MCU in theaters, but also because unless there's some big uptick in cases locally, I'm willing to take that risk at that point. Especially since I go in the afternoon anyways.

Yup, same here. The only time I did advanced tickets have been major events and even then, only for special circumstances. Like I said, I usually catch films in the afternoon and those are rarely packed, even for big releases.

The Wormhole likes this.
  15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

If everyone wore a mask because the experts said so, and now those experts are saying you don't need it, it stands to reason we should be OK with it. That said I felt weird and a bit dirty the first time I didn't wear a mask into the store long after I had been vaccinated and it was no longer required so I get the hesitancy. My first theater experience will prob be when the next Fast and Furious movie comes out in a couple of weeks as that's been a rite of passage family thing for me and my nephew. I'll prob catch Black Widow too but I don't need to see it opening day.

16. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Got my ticket for Regal 4DX that Saturday, third row center. I'm welcoming Natasha, and moviegoing in general, back in style.

17. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

That is just a horrible decision as there is no evidence that vaccinated people can't be transmitters of the virus even if they, themselves, are protected (70-90%).

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  18. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

I'm happy that the movie will be on Disney+ so that I can watch it at home and don't have to go to the cinema. No people who loudly eat their chips or other things that are distracting me from the movie!

M'rk son of Mogh likes this.
  19. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Basically every cinema experience from the last 5 years. People are shit. The world doesn't need them.

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral