Bill Shatner open to appearing in Discovery

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Infern0, Oct 12, 2017.

1. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He has a better chance guest starring on The Orville.

saddestmoon and m.lp.ql.m like this.
  2. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It doesn't help that Miramanee outright told him as much after he f***ked her.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I tried nipple clams once. They were succulent.

m.lp.ql.m and Tesophius like this.
  4. cooleddie74

Janeway and Paris got turned into newts.

Really big ones.

So...yeah.

5. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

Any episode with Shatner playing James T Kirk should be called 'Jumping the shark and eating the spores'

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

They got better... :D

jespah likes this.
  7. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not sure about Shatner, but I bet Patrick Stewart will eventually guest star on The Orville. In fact, I'm surprised Stewart didn't play the Admiral role in the pilot episode that was played by Victor Garber.

Perhaps MacFarlane has another role in mind for Stewart and didn't want to use him for the role Garber ended up playing. Or, MacFarlane was worried that if he cast Stewart in a "throw away" guest role (in the grand scheme of things) in the pilot episode, people might complain about it being "stunt casting".

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

He wanted that for Enterprise, some convoluted thing where the Tantalus device trapped him in a prison in the past of the Prime universe. And of course, he meets the NX-01 crew.
    This would be awesome. No continuity baggage or timeline silliness, just Shatner playing the most famous and celebrated starship captain of all time, now retired and somehow crosses paths with the USS Orville.

I'm sure Seth would even let him ride a horse on the holodeck if he wanted.

EmoBorg, Tesophius and Kemaiku like this.
  9. Longinus

Longinus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a weird idea but still a lot better than what the producers wanted.

10. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

As much as I like William Shatner, he's days as Captain Kirk are long since passed.

And I'm sure we'll eventually see the TOS characters appear on DISCOVERY. And I can see them casting Pine, Qunito and Urban to play the "prime" counterparts to their movie roles. Or they'll recast the roles again, like they did Sarek, and we'll have another "reboot" TOS universe.

But Kirk, Spock and McCoy will be on DISCOVERY. It's not a question of "if" but a question of "when".

Danlav05 likes this.
  11. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are 2 roles clearly tailor made for Shatner and Stewart. The first is the recently retired former Captain of the Orville. We know he exists and they have left all other details open. The other is the Captain of the Unions Flagship, which I would call the USS Endeavor. I'm thinking Shatner for the Orville's old captain and Stewart for the Flagship.

12. Longinus

Longinus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm sorry, did I accidentally wander to the Orville BBS again?

SJA likes this.
  13. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

William Shatner has the perfect opportunity, here, to return to STAR TREK and I truly hope it works out for him. When the JJ Abrams STAR TREK movies were first coming out, having the Shat in the franchise again wouldn't have worked. But the time is right, again. I don't know what character he should play, or anything, but it would be very cool if he finally took off his toupee for it. Seriously ... what better opportunity to just own the whole "rug" thing and reinvent his presence in the franchise, at the same time. He's been distanced far enough from the character of Captain Kirk where he can do anything on STAR TREK, now. And I hope he's given the opportunity to do so ...

14. m.lp.ql.m

m.lp.ql.m Commander Red Shirt

Not if Voyager's writing is any indication...

cooleddie74 and SJA like this.
  15. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I disagree. Strongly. His scene for Trek 2009 would have made that ending so much cooler. Just reading it left a lump in my throat. Especially now that we know that would have been the very last time Shatner and Nimoy appeared on screen "together." Having Spock encourage Kirk, and having Kirk encourage Spock was a great stroke of writing.

16. Snarfies

Snarfies Lieutenant Red Shirt

As you said it is a prequel so before the original series. Only a temopral cold war or somthing as a time displacement would work

17. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

It's Trek. It just is. It isn't supposed to be, exactly, but it is. True story: the other night, we were watching last week's episode of "The Orville", and my daughter started talking about how they could use the transporters to solve a problem, without even really thinking about it. She got a little bug-eyed, even though she knew it already, when I reminded her that they don't have transporters, because "it isn't really Star Trek". :D

18. cooleddie74

Still a better script idea than STID.

(*Runs*)

Longinus likes this.
  19. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The ENTERPRISE appearance kind of says everything wrong with the way the producers were handling Trek, actually.

Bill Shatner offers you the chance to have CAPTAIN KIRK on your show endorsing your show.

And you DON'T want Captain Kirk on the show.

Just Bill Shatner as a ancestor character.

It feeds into my belief they really didn't want to be doing this show.

Longinus likes this.
  20. cooleddie74

The thread won't get any better than this. Close this sucker now and we all leave winners.