Big Brother 16: Gentlemen, commence your appallingness!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JirinPanthosa, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

If Frankie reveals that Derrick or Donny were on Team America, he forfeits his earnings from it. However he can reveal his own role in it if he wants to.

I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Derrick will be winning this season. Some fans complain that he was too boring and that this season didn't make for good television or feeds, but I disagree. I actually liked this season, mostly because I think they chose the cast really well and also because the episodes were well edited (especially in the beginning of the season). There may not have been as many dramatic cat fights as past years, but honestly I don't enjoy watching that stuff much anyway. And look what happened last year when they cast a bunch of catty drama queens. It didn't work so well.

I hope that they use the finale time (1.5 hours) wisely, unlike last year, when it seemed like they wasted time on useless segments instead of focusing on what we really want - to hear the perspective of the jurors after new information is revealed, as well as the unique perspective of those who went home pre-jury. Survivor has the same problem with its reunions, they waste too much time and never seem to get to the real meat of things.

I did not have as much time to devote to this season as I thought I would. In the first week of the show I went and got myself a significant other, so suddenly Big Brother didn't seem quite as pressing. However, I still enjoyed the season and look forward to next year.

2. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I didn't watch last year. I heard it was pretty awful.

Survivor used to actually show stuff that wasn't about alliances and strategizing. I recently watched the whole first season again, and the difference between then and now is incredible. They actually took the time to let us get to know the contestants as people, not as "plot points."

I only missed one episode.

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I agree this was a really good season just because it might be the first season where I didn't hate anybody. There were people I disliked, but nobody I wanted to step through the screen and strangle.

But I don't disagree with people saying it was boring just because the outcome never seemed like it was ever in question. Derrick had Boston Rob level mind control over the entire house the entire season. He basically put on a tutorial for how to win vote-off games.

I am a little worried though that Cody understands this and if he wins HoH he will go with Victoria for the easy win.

4. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

So, it's finale night. Any predictions?

1) I'm giving Cody the win. At the end of the day, people are going to compare notes and feel wronged by Derrick in much the same way that Season 3's Danielle and Cody wins for being an all-around nice guy, like Hayden a few years ago.

2) Donny wins America's Player. This is hoping enough people see through Frankie and his family's bullshit.

3) Speaking of Frankie, seventy-five minutes of a ninety minute finale will be dedicated to him.

5. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I'm going with Derrick for the win. This game is his to lose at this point. As for America's favorite, I'm guessing Zach.

I'm over Frankie. He was a favorite at first, and then we met the real Frankie. If I don't see him again after tonight, it will be a relief.

6. JirinPanthosa

I think Derrick vs Cody, Derrick wins. I think Cody takes equal blame for the lies but Derrick takes all the credit for the strategy.

But, Cody could easily win HoH and decide to go up against Victoria, in which case he wins 9-0.

7. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Derrick wins, Cody in second place, Donny wins favorite player.

Amber and Caleb share an awkward interaction.

Frankie's smile remains frozen after learning that having a billion YouTube followers means jack-squat on a CBS reality show.

8. JirinPanthosa

I wouldn't be sad if Cody won. I think he handled the questions a lot better than Derrick and made some good points that he was equally responsible for the strategy, he just wasn't as directly manipulative about it.

9. Timewalker

Well, that was mostly predictable. I'm glad Donny won the Fan Favorite.

10. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I'm glad they showed a close-up of Frankie's face when Chenbot announced the top 3 for AFP ... Priceless!

11. Timewalker

I missed that.

12. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

very glad to see the winner. Congrats!!!!

13. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

That was also my favorite moment of the night. I really truly wonder if someone as vain as he will realize how universally he is hated by people. It is more likely that he will see them as "haters" and continue to be a general loser.

Derrick deserved to win and I'm glad it wasn't a vindictive jury. Except for Jocasta. When did this fake praying happen? I can't recall it.

What was up with Joey's sash of herself?

The finale really needs to cut back on the parts of the HOH and more on a reunion like Survivor. A Sunday or Tuesday episode ahead of the Friday show could've cleared out Round 1 and 2 with some other filler. What is the point of having all the house guests back if all we get are tidbits from the jury and nothing from the first five, who have seen the entire series.

The Chenbot seemed to really loosen up this year, which was a welcome surprise. I've really hated her clinical dissection of the game, even though it wouldn't be the same without her "But first..."

Here's to hoping next season builds on this one and doesn't regress.