Better Call Saul, the TV series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

DId Huell know about KIm's role in the scam on Howard? I can't recall. I got to think he is someone if they can find a connection that the police and Feds will also likely go after but might prefer to him to give up information for lesser charges.

Also the way I see it as soon as they find out about just how crooked Jimmy was and they look into his past they will know about Kim and naturally they would investigate her as well. Especially since he went on the run. Who knows what info that might find.

In the end they might not find enough to send her to prison but they still might have enough to at least put her on trial and try.

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Kim has broken the law a lot, yes, but nothing Jimmy could get charged with has any way to blow back on her.

Unless Kim comes back in the BB timeline and gets involved in the Heisenberg money laundering.

As far as Francesca knew, Kim Wexler is the Wexler/McGill version. Huell’s contact was also mostly Jimmy. I guess Betsy Kettelman could testify that Kim tricked her into badmouthing Howard but she’s also on the hook for fraud.

I simply don’t see them investigating a four year old unproven fraud case nobody who isn’t a criminal knows exists just for the sake of checking up on a woman Saul knew before he even met Walt.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    Skipper, The Nth Doctor and Finn like this.
  3. Jayson1

Wouldn't the fact that Howard died though make them question as to whether or not his suicide was a suicide? Soon as you find our Jimmy has ties to these major killers you would think they would look deeper in his past and Kim would be in his past.

Or I am guess finding him and Lalo's bodies under the lab would also do that. Assuming that is something they find. I think the Heinsberg stuff could eventually lead them into investigating Howard's death and connecting the dots between all the players and their roles in it.

4. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I don't think Huell would say anything, assuming the cops even bother to question him beyond Jimmy/Saul's whereabouts. Too much time has passed and there would be very little for "non-criminal" folks to give corroborating information that shows Kim committed fraud, all that. Most likely, it wouldn't have occurred to them to look into Kim. As long as Kim doesn't work with Jimmy again or commits a crime elsewhere, during BB, Kim is scot-free

Skipper and The Nth Doctor like this.
  5. JirinPanthosa

They might look into his past, but everyone who saw Kim as anything but a standup lawyer who inexplicably fell in love with a conman is dead.

I guess they’d take a second look if they found Howard’s body and identified him. But is there any reason to think they dug through the concrete?

If anyone with any power were to ever doubt the conclusion Howard was a drug addict, it would have been Clifford Main. And at this point in the timeline even if they did somehow intuit Kim’s role, what remaining evidence could they possibly find?

Remember, Breaking Bad is not a detective procedural. There are no Columbos in this world with magical amounts of intuition to scrape together the pieces and find that one piece of evidence. They can’t bully or trick her into a confession cause too smart. There are no witnesses who are alive except Jimmy. The other participants such as the UNLV students can only finger Jimmy. There’s no physical evidence because Mike destroyed it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    Skipper and The Nth Doctor like this.
  6. Jayson1

I think maybe the one element we don't know is what becomes of Kim after leaving Jimmy. What if her life also goes off the rails like it does for him. Jimmy went full Saul and I wonder if her life got even worst as well. Maybe not into doing crime but becoming a alcoholic. Maybe even suicide or a suicide attempt or even confessing to the cops because of the guilt.

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Collider published an excellent article about how Howard is the show's most tragic character and carefully examines his downfall. I highly recommend everyone give it a read. Its thesis is certainly something I'll be keeping in mind when I go through my rewatch of the show.

Starkers, 1001001, Finn and 3 others like this.
  8. The Nth Doctor

A funny bit of Wikipedia trolling in the She-Hulk article, under the cast section:

Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman: A dirty lawyer who serves as an Antagonist to Walters. Odenkirk reprises a variant of his role from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. When asked about the role Odenkirk stated “It was a new experience” and that “It gave me a new mindset on superhero media.”
    But that's not all!

Lavell Crawford reprises his role as Huell Babineaux as well.​

137th Gebirg likes this.
  9. Jayson1

Well it would be fun to think the Breaking Bad Universe is part of the Marvel Universe and simply exists in world were they don't have superheros yet but their might be another Jimmy out their in this one that does. We know Arrested Development also exists in the Marvel Multi-verse.

10. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Huell needs his own spinoff series for sure.

:techman:

11. SithHappens

SithHappens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5 seasons of him sat waiting in the hotel room

Jayson1 and The Nth Doctor like this.
  12. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

13. JirinPanthosa

Maybe there are superheroes in every universe, and the Marvel universe is just the one where the laws of probability are biased in their favor enough for them not to die immediately.

14. Jayson1

Could sort of work. Every week Huell helps a new hotel guests deal with some issue they are going through. Since he himself can't leave the hotel he enlists his friend , the Bill Burr character to sometimes run errands and do things to help that weeks hotel guest.

15. SithHappens

Sounds like a sedate version of burn notice ha

16. JirinPanthosa

I just want to see the Badger/Pete podcast, with both playing completely in character.

That’d make a good show too. A buddy comedy about two former drug dealers on the verge of being forced back into the game who start a podcast, and the show is about them trying to get rich off it.

Jayson1 and The Nth Doctor like this.
  17. JirinPanthosa

That was a neat episode. It was obvious from the get go what Gene was trying to do, dirty their hands so they couldn't come forward. I'm glad speculation about murdering them was off, and he will still go way out of his way to avoid actually hurting anyone.

But it also seemed like the taste of his former self he got is going to be difficult for him to ignore.

I wonder if the next episode will be entirely Kim.

Also I wonder how he got out of still bringing those guards cinnabons every single day.

Jayson1 and Skellington like this.
  18. The Nth Doctor

"Jeffy, don't vex me."

Gods bless Carol Burnett. Even in the simplest of roles, she shines so bright.

A fascinating episode that neatly deals with the problem that is Jeff the Cabbie. In classic Slippin' Jimmy form, he conned his way out of the problem by strapping Jeff with multiple felonies. Perfect.

Plus, any episode with Jim O'Heir is a winner in my book.

But now what? I have no damn idea but I can't wait to find out!

That would be fantastic. Complete with "Starring Rhea Seehorn" full stop, like this episode with Bob Odenkirk.

I wondered the same! :lol:

19. SithHappens

Maybe claim embarrassed following his 'breakdown'.

20. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

The show looks beautiful in black and white.
    That slip was perfectly set up. They leave a hint and the whole time we are waiting for it to happen just ratcheting up the tension before it actually does.