Best Scenes?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by dub, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Leviathan

Leviathan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

SFS: Enterprise clears the doors during the theft. The 'catch us if you can' escape occasionally demands a rewatch.

2. ihno

ihno Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My fave scenes are
    Picard trashing the ship-case. It is not a very subtle one but I like the metaphore anyway.
    I also love many Spock scenes - the conversation with Valeris (Logic, logic logic...) and many other comments.
    Also how Kirk tells Saavik that she has learn how things are done on a Starship.

I have learned italian with Star Trek II and at the final exam I told my teacher in italian "No, Rosemaria, the game is not over. I will fight with you till the end!" My italian got rusty but I still know that.

Stealing the Enterprise always works too of course.

3. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I would need to really think about my favourites from each film, but one that popped immediately to mind was in TUC. The scene where Qo'noS I has been attacked and is coming about, weapon ports glowing, Chekov and Valeris calling for orders, and Kirk tells Uhura to signal their surrender. Her shock and the silence on the bridge in the moment of tension, Kirk restating the order, followed by Uhura's urgent pleas with the battlecruiser, as Chekov points out that they could be facing the end.

It's one of those moments where you expect Kirk to go down firing, but goes the totally opposite direction that the reactions from everyone feels genuine, which only helps ramp up the tense moment.

4. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

For me, the whole First Contact scene at the end of FC is still my favourite scene purely from a Trek point of view. Nothing captured what Trek was about better than that.

Bry_Sinclair likes this.
  5. Elder Knight

Elder Knight Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I enjoyed the ending of TSFS, once we knew that Spock was back, after a fashion. Better than the other, supposedly happier, endings.

6. RColtrane

RColtrane Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

- Klingon attacking V'ger in TMP
    - Spock's spacewalk in TMP
    - Kirk screaming "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!" in TWOK

Galileo7 likes this.
  7. Hippocrates Noah

Hippocrates Noah Commander Red Shirt

My favorite scene in all of Star Trek is the first encounter Enterprise has with the Reliant.

My second favorite is probably Picard gearing up and leading the team on the mission to engineering in First Contact.

8. Steve Gennarelli

Steve Gennarelli Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'll go in chronological order...
    ST-TMP Spock's dramatic and elegant arrival on the Enterprise
    ST-TWOK The Kirk, Spock, McCoy debating Genesis scene in Kirk's quarters
    The scene with Kirk and crew where Kirk's eating the apple and tells Spock
    its time to beam them up.
    ST-TSFS The Spock/McCoy quiet scene near the end where Bones reveals he has
    missed Spock being around. I found that scene quite touching.
    ST-TVH When Kirk looks to the sky and sees Spock from a distance
    The Spock/Sarek scene and the brief shuttle ride and the few final moments on the
    Enterprise-A
    ST:TFF Kirk refuses to find his "secret pain"
    The camp fire scene
    ST:TUC The scene with Kirk/McCoy on Rura Penthe discussing the past/future
    The Kirk vs. Kirk scene and subsequent beam up
    The final scene, final Captain's log and the signatures
    ST: Gen The Champagne bottle floating and crashing and most of the opening pre-amble
    with Kirk, Scotty and Chekov
    ST:FC That brief moment with Data and Picard where data appreciates the fine form of the ship
    The Space walk and ensuing battle on the hull
    ST: Insur The opening scenes that explain the story....but not the resolution or the villain

ST: Nem Dune buggy ride

ST meeting classic Spock
    Kirk meets McCoy for the first time
    ST: ID When Kirk slows down Khan after Khan attacks kills Captain Pike (sorry, Spoiler alert)
    STB When the Beastie Boys music is played....sorry, I guess I'm not a purist after all

9. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The Enterprise reveal in TMP--and it leaving the Sol system
    Enterprise destroyed/Spocks death
    Enterprise nearly gutted by Reliant...

10. Devilpogostick

Devilpogostick Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nemesis was a headache of a film but I enjoyed the scene where Picard orders the crew to battlestations. It's like the cast, tired of the plot, decided to get ready to get this film over with or die trying while charging phaser rifles to boot.

...Not exactly a best example but I'm counting that for Nemesis.