Babylon 5

It looks as the Tubi channel will be dropping Babylon 5 in 11 days. This means no B5 on streaming after August 15. A WB ploy to get fans to buy the Blu-ray set, perhaps?

It looks as the Tubi channel will be dropping Babylon 5 in 11 days. This means no B5 on streaming after August 15. A WB ploy to get fans to buy the Blu-ray set, perhaps?

Tubi probably only had the contract to stream B5 until that point, and either didn't want to renew it or WB didn't want to let them renew it.

But considering the timing of the blu-ray release, that is a good theory and would fit.

Tubi probably only had the contract to stream B5 until that point, and either didn't want to renew it or WB didn't want to let them renew it.

But considering the timing of the blu-ray release, that is a good theory and would fit.
That matches what happened with Prodigy. They pulled it right before the second half of the first season is coming to blu ray.

Those are seperate projects. The reboot won't happen on The CW, but from what I understand it is not dead. Though JMS currently can't do any writing work on it, because of the strike. Though I would imagine that, if the reboot fell through and the animated films were to continue, JMS would probably incorporate some ideas from the reboot into the films.

The price of the complete Blu-ray set is £70 (about $90) on Amazon UK, so I've put in my order. It's the number one best seller in SF DVD & Blu-ray there. The release date is December 4. It'll probably be region-free as I don't think WB region encode their releases. I can't be certain about that, however. Less than two pence per minute for 4,840 minutes of entertainment is pretty good.

Last edited:
Aside: My wife got us new toothbrushes this week. Hers is green, mine is purple. We can live in peace.

An amazing coincidence... my wife got us new toothbrushes earlier this week, too. AND they were green and purple... only mine is green, hers is purple.

Small world.

Back