Avery Brooks Arrested for DUI!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Frontier, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MrBorg

MrBorg Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Should've been drinking synthehol. ;)

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I remember reading that Tony Todd failed to land the role of Sisko because of addiction problems.

Anyway, looks like Avery should stick to the raktajino. Gives a whole new dimension to that scene in Apocalypse Rising, where, disguised as a Klingon he shouts 'Don't get between me and the bloodwine!' to a real Klingon.

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Problem is, mouth wash or cold/Flu medicine can register as alcohol, which is why you can't set the limit at 0. Honestly, I think .08 is fine, most people are still fine to drive at .08, so, honestly any lower a limit is getting carried away, IMHO. There is nothing wrong with going out and spending a couple/few hours watching Monday Football with friends, eating the Happy hour Buffet and having a drink or 2 (More than 2 without at least an hour to sober up, yea, that's a problem), this shouldn't impair you. Now sure, slugging them back, not eating, etc is a very bad idea, and you deserve to get busted, if you try to pull that.

And yea, regarding Avery Brooks, not going to rush to judgement, gotta see what the actual facts are, if he's actually guilty, then he needs to suffer the same consequences you or I would

4. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

still amazes me how many people on TBBS seek out and attempt to befoul a fine thread. Deriding Brooks before any due process is done is simply inconsiderate.

5. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I thought all Star Trek fans were open-minded with an innate sense of fairness... until I signed up here.

6. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

I do not care.
    I've seen people who have 2 or 3 beers and while legally they would be over the .08 limit but are still well enough to drive.

7. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

Welcome.

8. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I initially thought so, too. Learned quick, though, that it isn't the case at all.

9. Sindatur

There's alot of really awesome posters around, who are quite open minded, and seek to civilly debate opinions on the Franchise and possibly come around to your way of thinking, but, yea, there's a few folks around that just get a kick out of stirring up negative feelings or who are so entwined in their opinions, they simply won't accept there could possibly be another answer different than their own :(

10. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's sad how true this is. :( You'd think people that love a show based on being open minded and non-judgemental would now better.

11. Mage

I don't know if you can hear me on that high horse of yours, but perhaps you can withhold judgement untill we know some more facts??

12. Sindatur

"Drink" Drivers? Isn't that a very common error made by Drunk Drivers when they get stopped?

"Honestly, Officer, I'm not ((((HIC)))) Drink"

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I'm not as think as you drunk I am!

14. wahwahkits

wahwahkits Commander Red Shirt

England, somewhere between Liverpool and Chester
    Well we say drink driving in this country.
    And i'm not on a high horse, merely stating my point of view as one is inclined to do on a forum.

15. Sindatur

Hmmm...never heard that, My mother born and raised in England until she was 18, never used that term, must be a recent development if true

16. JB2005

JB2005 Commodore Commodore

No, it's always been drink driving here...

17. Mage

Criminal scum? That's not a point of view, that's a statement without fact. The only thing we know he got arrested for DUI. I agree, not a very good thing to do, but calling someone a criminal scum for that.....? Really? Bit OTT isn't it?

18. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

OK, it's your POV. But just hypothetically; imagine you were unfortunate enough to be arrested for a misdemeanour/offence you were not guilty of, and subsequently, your local newspaper published a report. How would you feel if the next editions letters column contained condemnatory and narrow minded "points of view" proclaiming you to be "scum"?

19. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

To get back on topic and to stop speaking ill of other posters, I would like to know if it was "had 3 beers, blew a .08 but was fine" or "had a bottle of vodka, blew a .15 and was drunk as a skunk"

The fact that he swerved is irrelevant without all the facts. I see people playing on their iphones all the time.

20. Sindatur

I didn't name names, nor did I even say I was speaking of any posters (or specific Posters) in this thread. In fact, I almost mentioned that because I was afraid someone would twist what I said, because my intention was to defend the bulk of the posters here at this board, rather than point fingers at any, which you conveniently left out of the quote. Other folks have said far worse in this thread, so I wonder why you truncated what I said and took it out of context?

I also hapen to agree with your position, that we shouldn't jump to conclusions that he was skunk drunk (or even guilty at all of drinking and driving) with knowing the actual facts.