Arrowverse's Crisis on Infinite Earths to be 5-Part Crossover

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, May 16, 2019.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

A picture of the Anti-Monitor
    [​IMG]

2. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Did they?

3. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

What are Ice walkers doing in this? :)

Yep, according to IGN.

4. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

They fled for a better show, with hopes of a more compelling ending.

Thestral likes this.
  5. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I don't remember that, either.

And I disagree with Christopher that recasting Corrigan suggests anything about Constantine's Arrowverse "canonicity." It would be, after all, hardly the first recasting they've done.

Besides which, at this point, it basically appears that all DC shows are part of the Arrowverse, just at a greater or lesser multiversal remove.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm, I'm not sure if this makes the rumor about Oliver becoming the Specter more or less likely. I believe the comic version has had several hosts, so there's no reason it could start with Corrigan and end up with Oliver by the end.

7. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Recasting Jim Corrigan doesn't mean anything because it has already been repeatedly confirmed that NBC's Constantine is an explicitly Canonical part of the Arrowverse.

Where and when?

Because, as I noted above, it has heretofore been repeatedly confirmed that NBC's Constantine is Arrowverse Canon.

8. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

This IGN article states the exact opposite. That the producers have stated that NBC's Constantine is NOT part of the traditional Arrowverse.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/1...casting-crossover-cw-arrow-stephen-lobo?amp=1

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  9. DigificWriter

That comment was made completely unsourced, and flies directly in the face of this statement from Wendy Mericle from before Matt Ryan first appeared as Constantine on Arrow:
    Legends of Tomorrow has also directly referenced the events of the NBC Constantine series, further cementing it as Arrowverse Canon, which makes me doubt IGN's completely unsourced assertion.

10. Turtletrekker

All that quote confirms is that he has a doppelganger on another Earth.

11. DigificWriter

Huh?

That quote from Wendy Mericle specifically identifies Matt Ryan as playing the Constantine character from the NBC series.

I don't know where IGN got the idea that the NBC series isn't Arrowverse Canon from, but there is no reason to believe their assertion.

12. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why don't we just say that the NBC show is from Earth C+, which is parallel to everything except Jim Corrigan??

13. DigificWriter

Because there is absolutely zero reason to believe IGN's completely unsourced comment when we have repeated evidence and confirmation of the NBC Constantine series not only being explicit Arrowverse Canon, but also taking place on Earth-1 of the Arrowverse's internal Multiverse.

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I saw that, but it's the first I've heard of it, so I'm unconvinced without corroboration from another source. Up to this point, the Arrowverse Constantine has remained consistent with the NBC show, even getting the same actress to reprise the voice of Astra Logue, and casting her adult version in keeping with the NBC version's nationality and ethnicity. It hasn't overtly referenced any other characters or events from the show, but it's implicitly stayed compatible.

15. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  16. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As others have indicated, i think you're right. the cast change is hardly indicative itself that the Constantine show was set on a different Earth to the Constantine in Legends/Arrow. They recast Sara Lance between the Arrow pilot and season 2 and I believe I read or saw somewhere that the only reason they recast it with Caity Lotz was because the actress from the pilot was unavailable. I tried to remember where I read that last bit.

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Besides, Stephen Lobo's Spectre will be appearing in Crisis on Infinite Earths, after all. He could easily be the Jim Corrigan of some other Earth, so it doesn't suggest anything about Constantine's origins. Or he could just be the same character recast. It happens.

Let's see, who else has been recast besides Sara? Linda Park was recast between the Flash pilot and the series. Kuasa and Chuck McCabe from Vixen were recast when they appeared in live action. That's about it, aside from in-story transformations (Eobard Thawne) and characters being played at different ages (Nora Darhk, William Clayton, Martin Stein, various child selves of the main casts).

N-121973 likes this.
  18. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, a less than encyclopedically complete recitation? I'm so disillusioned. :(

[​IMG]

19. Turtletrekker

20. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are currently listed 433 Linda Park's in the US (including Star Trek ENterprise's Hoshi Sato), so not inconceiveable to make them 2 different characters..

Characters shown at different ages don't really need to count as "re-casting"

Stephen Lobo was an awesome smarmy villain in COntinuum...interested to see what he brings to this role. I read Spectre stories in Adventure COmics digests, but never got a sense of Jim's personality.