Spoilers Arrow Season 7

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mage, Aug 7, 2018.

1. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Thea has been there since the pilot so this is hardly news... :p

Jax likes this.
  2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

How soon we forget.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Emiko comes from the comics, so her existence in the show is not entirely the fault of it's writers. It amazes me how quickly they've brought stuff over from the comics in the modern adaptations, for long time it seemed like the adaptations pretty much stuck to stuff that had been in the comics for ages.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Comics have been soap operas forever.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It took only about a year for Batgirl/Barbara Gordon to be adapted from comics to screen after her debut (leading to the myth that she was conceived by the TV producers). And Batman: The Animated Series adapted Bane less than 2 years after his comics debut. But those are the exceptions.

6. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

I would say that they butchered Bane less than 2 years after his debut. It was poor reflection of the comic book character and story. It is one of the few places where the animated series seriously disappointed me.

7. Christopher

^I wasn't addressing the quality of the adaptation, merely pointing out that it was done.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  8. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't like this episode as much as last week's, which is one of the best the show has ever produced. I did like this week's episode mainly because they introduced Emiko Queen. Emiko is one of my favorite characters from the Jeff Lemire New 52 run. Here's hoping they handle Emiko better than they did Komodo (a villain that could've been a season long or at least half-a-season long big bad, but was only given an episode). I've long wondered if they would put Emiko on the show, but wasn't sure they would since they already had Thea and she was an archer as well. I am glad they did. I'm looking forward to seeing how they explain more about who she is and how she came to be (to borrow a little from The Batman). Who is her mother, who trained her, etc?

I also like that they are going down the path to Felicity as a future villain. If they really pull that trigger she would be a very dangerous enemy for Team Arrow since she knows them all so well. And they would be reluctant to fight her. Making her bad, and making it stick, would be very risky, and could potentially shed viewers, so I am doubtful that her walk on the dark side will be long, and might just be dipping a few toes in the water.

9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. Christopher

How is that hilarious? Fixing errors post-release is far from unprecedented in publishing and filmmaking, and it's gotten easier than ever to do it in the digital age. I've had a couple of errors in e-books I've written corrected after publication, since it's possible to upload the corrections to already-purchased books. In print editions, errors in the first edition are often corrected in later releases; I've had that happen a couple of times too.

11. Tuskin38

I meant it looks bad.

His shadow doesn't even line up with the buildings.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't realize those two first appeared in comics so close to their first onscreen appearances.

13. Tuskin38

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now that the crossover is over, I'm excited to get back to the main storyline. Looking forward to January.

15. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

So is this MacGuffin chase Lyla seems to be on going to ultimately lead her to that orb thingy?

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Fixed It

Sister! Olly has another...Sister! :p

dahj likes this.
  17. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

So Ollie is now also the World's Greatest Detective? ;)

Jayson1 and CorporalClegg like this.
  18. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I am caught up on the main show, with some Supergirl and Flash watching to do before I get to Elseworlds.

I really like this season so much, but the last three episodes and the time jump scenes were leading me to think this was the final season. I found this article from a ways back that explains why the season is being written this way:

https://www.inverse.com/article/46086-arrow-season-7-will-be-written-as-the-final-season

It will be interesting to see how the time jumps actually line up with the main story line--are we going to see a timeline change thing? Otherwise I am curious as to how the ramifications of what we know will happen are going to play out in season seven, which it seems is likely to happen.

19. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still say you can bring these characters back but end the main show. Elseworlds was written as if this might be the final season, and honestly I think Arrow would do great if it was. Do these actors/actresses really want to do this forever. It was weird what happened with Holland last season and the guy who played Quinten kind of shocked everyone when he announced he would leave.

20. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You know, thinking about it--without time travel, what is the point of this 20 year peak into the future?

From what we know right now, subject to change, Felcity is dead, looks like Oliver is dead, and the future does not look so bright.

If this is the world 20 years in the future, that kind of means that Oliver and crew accomplished absolutely nothing, and the world is not even close to being a better place because of all they did and sacrificed.

It sends a terrible message.

UNLESS there is some sort of time travel element that prevents this distopia. Granted, that's been done before and is hardly original, but this is kind of a bummer plot without it.

I wonder what the point is right now. That said, it's also the most interesting part of the season for me, and I look forward to unraveling this mystery.