Spoilers Arrow Season 7

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mage, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Takachulo

Takachulo Ensign Red Shirt

Wasn't there a scene late in season 1 where Lance takes somebody to the morgue to see a body killed by the Arrow and gives an exact number of people he's killed? I want to say it was in the 20s/30s...

2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't see how.

3. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's possible they are talking about Batman but that might be a ruse when they are actually talking about Batwoman due to the upcoming crossover/tv show in the future. Especially interesting they would do it in "Green Arrow" because I am guessing he has to get out prision at least for awhile for that crossover. Maybe she breaks him out of jail or something.

Jason

DarKush likes this.
  4. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    I took the reference to mean Batman, but now that you said that, I think it very well could be Batwoman, and that would be a pretty nice foreshadowing. I recall how Ra's said he hadn't encountered anyone as worthy as Oliver in like 60 years (during season 3) and that felt like they were definitely ruling out Batman. Though with Harley Quinn getting a cameo, and the name Oracle mentioned, they've been teasing for a while, not to mention the couple trips to Bludhaven. And last season we got a mention of Bruce Wayne, and an inference that he's old enough to be a playboy, and therefore, likely at the age to be Batman. Though in this week's episode, Talia was vague about exactly who she encountered in Gotham. With Batwoman coming it makes more sense to tie Talia's encounter to her, though I wish we could get definitive information that Batman existed on Earth-1, by having him show up. If he's going to be on Gotham and on Titans, WB/DC seems to be easing their Batman Boycott, and Arrow deserves to get some of the Bat Love. Arrow's success IMO, helped make possible the other CW shows and the other DC live-action shows that have come after it.

Overall, I enjoyed "The Demon" a lot more than last week's episode. It was great seeing Talia again. I think Lexa Doig is great in the role and I wish she would finally get to be the big bad of a whole season or multiple seasons on this show, or another Arrowverse show. I enjoyed a lot of the fight scenes this episode. It sucks not more was done with Dr. Parker, and I did think his sketchy past was exposed too easily. I was hoping he would have ties to Talia or Diaz or someone.

I still find Felicity grating this season, but I am enjoying Laurel-2 more;actually I think I like her more than Laurel-1. The scenes between Laurel-2 and Felicity are alright but I could've done without them this episode, so they could free up space to for more Talia/Oliver. I did feel that Curtis's desire to stop crime fighting-while logical-felt out of the blue and not handled well. If he had started the season adamant about no longer wanting to be involved I think that would've worked better, with him and Dinah on one end while Felicity and Rene were on the other, and Diggle was in the middle. I did like how Curtis took out those bad guys by himself, using his ingenuity. It doesn't make sense though that a guy with 14 Ph.Ds. would choose to be a happy helper to Felicity. All that drive and ambition-his academic and athletic achievements suddenly are put on the shelf to be Felicity's sidekick and the comic relief of Team Arrow?

It's another sign of the difficulties in trying to fit the comic book Michael Holt inside a less capable, and to be honest, goofier take on the character in Curtis. Curtis works for the show perhaps, in ways that Michael Holt's Mr. Terrific would not, but that means they need to change more of the Holt character's backstory to fit Curtis, instead of saddling his character with abilities we don't see too often, or are displayed haphazardly. He's way too awkward IMO to be such a gifted athlete.

5. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the Dante painting is an allusion to the Ninth Circle. I hope that's the case because from the comics I've read with them, I think they have potential, as Oliver's own Court of Owls.

With Silencer at the end I was hoping she was meeting Talia, a nod to their relationship in the Silencer comics. The Underlife and/or Leviathan would also be a good evil organization to have on Arrow.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, yes, of course the mentions of Gotham here and on The Flash are about laying the foundations for Batwoman. But it's already been established that Bruce Wayne exists on Earth-1, and it's hard to believe they'd introduce Talia and not hint at her connection to her "Beloved."

As we saw in the episode, Felicity intends to use the revelations of the cruel and unusual punishment Oliver's been subjected to in order to file for his conviction to be overturned -- on the basis that there's been a miscarriage of justice or that he's suffered enough, I suppose. Presumably that effort will succeed in time for the crossover. Probably a bit before, because in the second "Elseworlds" promo we saw,
    Barry-as-Oliver was training with Diggle at ARGUS, and Diggle was treating it as something routine.

7. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder how Oliver will handle the Green Arrow mantle going forward once he gets out.

I can see two options, either Green Arrow becomes duly deputized like Guardian on Supergirl, or the New Green Arrow goes away and Oliver takes up the mantle again pretending they never left, and since that one was active during his imprisonment, it can't possibly be him. ;)

8. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

it worked once before :)

9. Christopher

They finally worked in Anatoly's "KGBeast" nickname! Although it's weird that he would've been known by an English-language pun to his Russian comrades.

The line about the Longbow Hunters killing off "the entire Bratva" was pretty naive. As I understand it, in real life, the Bratva and the Russian government are so deeply intertwined that they're effectively one and the same.

Ollie was pretty dumb to alienate Laurel when she was there to help him. Given all the villains he's made alliances with in the past, including Talia just last week, it was pretty hypocritical as well as self-defeating to play holier-than-thou with the DA trying to get him out of jail.

Not to mention that Ollie evidently let himself be duped by his "harmless" prison buddy. I guess he's going to want to clear up that situation before he gets released.

10. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, plus with Diggle making her leave the group because she is not "from their Earth", I am worried that Team Arrow is pushing Laurel away and is going to make her into an enemy again.

11. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't understand this part at all, considering it's supposed to be 5 months after the finale. They were all acting as if it was 5 days after the finale, and honestly, Laurel has done a lot as the DA to the point where kicking her out rang hollow to me. The best character this season has been Laurel and Cassidy is probably the best actress on the show, so I really hope they don't make her "evil" again.

Other then that, it was a pretty good episode. I was bummed the flash forwards were kind of Meh though, considering we didn't have any last week and the momentum from two weeks ago was so great with what we got. Also, it's nice to make official now that Stanley is not what he seemed, as we all guessed after the first or second episode.

12. Christopher

I don't see the problem there. They've been keeping their distance from Laurel all this time, because they don't trust her and don't want to associate with her. It's only recent events that have pushed her into closer interactions with Dinah and Felicity and given her a chance to start proving she's more than just an impostor usurping their late friend's life and identity. That's not something they'd get over quickly or easily.

13. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

If anything they seem to be setting up a scenario in which Felicity goes totally bad and Laurel becomes their ally. The future scenes show one possible direction is her becoming the new Calculator. Everything happening in the present fits with that. The team might have to reluctantly accept Laurel because of it.

Yet I am highly dubious of the writers sticking with that. I stopped being a fan of Felicity a long time ago. But she still has her loyal fans. It would give Emily better material if they fully embraced that. Instead of teasing something that will never change the status quo.

14. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I'm wondering if the new Green Arrow...is actually Oliver...thanks to time travel...

15. Christopher

It's pretty clear to me now that the new GA is a rather small person, possibly a woman. They looked smaller than the 5'9" Kirk Acevedo when they fought Diaz, and Stephen Amell is 6'1".

16. Finn

Perhaps.

Tho it wouldn't be the first time TV writers/producers tried to get away with it, making the "reveal" of a character, after an entire season or two, to be someone who couldn't have been in the costume in earlier appearances.

IIRC, the masked Jay Garrick was slimmer in build than John Wesley Shipp, and had blond hair the first few times we see him in that cave on Earth 2...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  17. Christopher

But still not that different in overall height and size. This is a lot more drastic. Given that they've been doubling Stephen Amell in stunt scenes for over six years now, why would they suddenly bring in someone half a foot shorter than him rather than using his regular stunt double? It makes no sense.

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I had him pegged from day one. Might as well be wearing a T-shirt with the word rat-weasel on it. :lol:

19. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Stanley, Stanley, Stanley... if you wanna keep fooling the guy you don't send him on a quest to exercise his detective muscles. :p

20. Finn

Perhaps...but again, I didn't notice. Some of those producers and writers really don't give a shit...