Aron Eisenberg Has Passed

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Amaris, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

More reactions from colleagues. I've limited these posts to people with whom Aron worked , but others in the Trek universe have expressed their sorrow. Some Discovery people went out of their way to compose beautiful messages.

Terry Farrell

Dear Aaron, I will miss our playful spirited bantering and I will miss our deep conversations. I will miss your kind and loving self, thank you for our friendship. RIP.

Chase Masterson

This was
    @AronEisenberg
    . Always taking joy in the next
    @startrek adventure
    Grateful there were so many. Remembering you with love, Aron. And thank you for your powerful voice here.

Rene Auberjonois
    I have just learned of Aron’s untimely passing. I have to catch my breath. Aron was such a pure, sweet soul and gifted artist. He was a dedicated collaborator and friend. My condolences and love to his wife and family.

Alexander Siddig (via fan club)
    Aron Eisenberg is still my friend and always will be.

His incessant, lively chatter; his terrible one liners and verbal jabs to the ribs; his smiling face; his beautiful wife and children; his giant hear ... I'm proud to have known you counter me among your many lucky friends.

None of us will ever forget you, sweet man.

Armin Shimerman
    To all who sent lovely messages and held good thoughts for Aron and Malissa, thank you. We have all lost a great soul and a tremendous talent. The Star Trek world has suffered a 10.0 Richter shock and we are all still teetering. So many wonderful memories....

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Markonian, Kilana2, PSGarak and 3 others like this.
  2. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    Heard about this a few days ago.

His family have my deepest condolences.

Nog’s growth epitomized the richness of DS9’s supporting characters.

3. Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer Admiral Admiral

He made Nog one of the best Trek characters of all time.

4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Facebook post from Max Grodenchik...

Hasn't really sunk in yet... and I don't think it will EVER sink in.
    I still feel this is some cruel internet hoax, that I clicked on a link I shouldn't have, but that the damage can be repaired.

I will never again sit next to Aron at a convention.

I will never again get into makeup with him, re-enacting our Nog and Rom characters on stage.

I will never be able to argue with him again over something minor, where he and his thinking irritate the hell out of me.

I will never again be made fun of by him at a Q&A -- and I will miss that terribly.

In the little sketches I sometimes wrote for our stage appearances, he will never change the lines again -- and I will miss how exasperating that was!

I will never forget that he was sitting right next to me when I saw my wife for the very first time, and we are both so very grateful that our daughter got to know him and his playfulness.

He was "fan-friendly" before that phrase was invented.

Aron was often my teacher and I learned much from him; he was also sometimes my student and I hope any "lessons" I taught served him.

I cannot "sum him up," nor do I want to. Aron meant many different things to me, but he always MEANT SOMETHING, largely stemming from the depth of his goodness.

Parents shouldn't outlive their kids, yet at this moment I'm very much feeling like a father who lost a son.

Our deepest condolences to Malissa and his boys and family. Carina and I are heartbroken.

--max

Edit: It occurs to me that perhaps it's bad form to re-post a facebook status. I don't know the etiquette, if it's not cool I'll take this down. And Spoilered it just for a tiny splash of protection.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  5. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's beautiful and I'm glad you shared it with us.

BTW, this may be something that's generally frowned upon on the board but is okay in this instance (I hope): can anyone provide a link to the donations page for his funeral? Beyond sharing the words of his friends and family, which I've done where I can, this feels like the least I could do.

Tosk and kkt like this.
  6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

DonIago likes this.
  7. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

From the documentary crew, a longer edit from the "Those seven years changed my life" segment.

8. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Thank you for posting the link to the longer version!

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bad Thoughts likes this.
  10. PSGarak

PSGarak Commodore Commodore

God, Max's post. Difficult to read, but I'm glad you shared it, Tosk. I can only imagine he would feel very much like he'd lost a son given how much they've worked together in context of those roles through the years.

Tosk and DonIago like this.
  11. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

12. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

RIP, Aron.

What terrible news. Aron was such a fantastic performer on DS9 and delivered on his character's rich storyline. It's Only a Paper Moon is a standout episode.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Seven of Five, Markonian and PSGarak like this.