Are you gonna buy the Fan Collective: Captain's Log DVD....

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Rock, Jul 20, 2007.

1. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Re: Are you gonna buy the Fan Collective: Captain's Log DVD.

The interview with Avery Brooks is the ONLY thing I am interested in obtaining out of this release. I have every single episode of Trek sitting on my shelves...so I don't need any episodes. Shatner hasn't said anything worthwhile in decades, and I've heard Patrick Stewart speak once already. I've heard Mulgrew and Avery Brooks also - IMO the two most interesting Trek Captain speakers. But the only one I'm really interested in hearing again is Brooks.

2. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bought it. I haven't went through all of the interviews yet, but I do think it's cool to actually have the captains talk about their characters and their series.

I do think the William Shatner/Joan Collins interview goes on a bit too long. But I am enjoying this trip down memory lane. However, I'm still scratching my head that TATV is on this disc instead of Twilight, Anomaly, or other more Archer-centric episodes.

3. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. These Are The Voyages... seems very much Riker's episode and nobody else's frankly.

Twilight should've really gone in. I guess it suffered because of the Xindi arc... i.e. you can't put it in without that entire year. When in actuality, the 'what-if' premise made it the ideal stand alone for Archer.

I'm sure the passage of time will result in Enterprise being better represented, should these Collectives come around again once everything goes HD.

Sad thing is... being the obsessive Trek junkie that I am, I still went and pre-ordered this! :lol:

4. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still scratching my head as to how 'In Theory' made the cut. Besides the fact that I really hated it, its more a Data episode isn't it?

5. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That was the episode chosen by Stewart. It's also the first episode he directed which is most likely why he chose it.

6. Similitude

Similitude Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How in the world did TATV make it on the dvd? Are the voters at ST.com that out of it?

7. Vulcanian

Vulcanian Commander Red Shirt

I think they put it on anyway even though it didn't get much votes.

I have this conspiracy theory... :D

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Maybe the voters just really love watching trainwrecks? :lol:

9. Similitude

Similitude Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Either the voting was rigged or it must have been a joke. Its one of the most detested episodes in Star Trek history.

10. Who_Trek

Who_Trek Commander Red Shirt

No, I won't buy it. I have most of the episodes already. The motif sets are good: I have the Borg one, and wish I had the Q one. But just a mishmash of episodes that don't tie together in any way? I don't think so.

11. TrueQ

TrueQ Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yeah, I think I will. I'd really like to hear what Patrick Stewart has to say, as I'm a big fan of his.

12. Vulcanian

Vulcanian Commander Red Shirt

^For the record guys, TATV started to grow on me. Don't ask me why.

I bought it a couple of months ago. It was kinda disapointing and expensive. Though "Balance of Terror" is always a welcome addition, it doesn't help. Like Who Trek said it felt like a haphazard mismash of episodes, especially if you bought a fan collective before.

I say and recommend that you wait until it's under $20 before you buy it for the special features.