Poll Are you enjoying Section 31?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by King Daniel Beyond, Mar 14, 2019.

?

Are you enjoying Section 31?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    49.5%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    50.5%
  1. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are you enjoying Discovery's version of Section 31 so far?

Although I was against the idea from the initial announcement and first few appearances, I like them. They're the SS of Trek, they do horrible things so Pike and the Starfleeters can pretend to live in a utopia. It's deliciously subversive.

I'm still not a fan of Emperor Georgiou or the idea of a S31 spin-off series, but I think S31 itself fits well into Discovery's world.

Gonzo, Cyrus and KimMH like this.
  2. thribs

thribs Commodore Commodore

No. I don’t care if they go into hiding at the end. They should have never been this open to start off with.

The only thing I like are all the Control references.

Thowra and Captain Jed R. like this.
  3. Longinus

Longinus Commodore Commodore

No, I still hate them. I have always hated the concept, and I hate this version even more. It is certainly an unfortunate blemish on an otherwise promising season.

lawman, MarsWeeps, BillJ and 3 others like this.
  4. Dukhat

Dukhat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't vote yet because I can't speak for DSC's S31 since I haven't caught up that far. But I will say that it worked in DS9 because you never knew if the organization actually existed or if it was just Sloan and his cronies fucking with Sisko and Bashir's heads. Now that it's clear that it's just the KGB in space, it sounds pretty lame.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hate the whole idea of Section 31 (whether it be DSC's or DS9's version). The Federation is simply not supposed to have organizations like this. They should be above that sort of thing. :(

lawman, BillJ, Thowra and 3 others like this.
  6. Amaris

Amaris Fuzzy Logic Generator Premium Member

Essentially my position as well. This season has had great moments, but the Section 31 stuff always seems to drag it down somewhat. I'd like it more if they simply didn't exist, but it's way too late for that.

7. jfordny

jfordny Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

No. It's the weak part of this season for me. And nothing is more boring than Leland against Georgiou. Leland is written as a total idiot because Yeoh is getting her own show.

lawman, Deledrius, BillJ and 2 others like this.
  8. Mr. Laser Beam

IMHO, it's Leland who deserves his own show, not Georgy-Porgy!

lawman, Deledrius and Thowra like this.
  9. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Captain Captain

I'm not keen on S31, but I do like Georgiou, basically because she's a hot woman of a certain age.
    And being of a certain age myself, that's acceptable

CommanderRaytas likes this.
  10. Mommy

Mommy Ensign Red Shirt

I like the addition of the section 31 stuff just because it offers the potential of seeing some darkness and moral ambiguity in an otherwise squeaky clean franchise.

Well...I’m hoping, anyways. :devil:

Nyotarules and Greg Cox like this.
  11. Mr. Laser Beam

That's exactly the reason why I hate Section 31.

I have no interest in darkness OR moral ambiguity. I want absolutes, I want to know exactly who is good and who is evil.

Notice how I said "want", not "expect". Because I know it's not realistic to expect such things. But at least I can dream. :sigh:

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

13. Reyman

Reyman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've actually really enjoyed seeing the Emperor Georgiou character on screen.

I'm open to a S31 spin off, but I dont want to watch a show that's gonna be all about them meddling in Starfleet affairs.

Thowra likes this.
  14. Cyrus

Cyrus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have always liked Section 31, made the Trek universe more believable. But I liked it a lot more on DS9. It has been OK so far in Discovery. The best part about it is keeping Michelle Yeoh around, she is great.

15. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Section 31 is the place to be. Looking forward to watching Georgiou send Leland out feet first.

16. TrickyDickie

TrickyDickie Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

17. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

Not really. I'd be much more open to it if we didn't see them so often. I prefer my S31 motives as opaque as possible.

lawman, Seven of Five and Thowra like this.
  18. Vger23

Vger23 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Section 31 is annoying and I've never cared for the idea.

And yes, I'm enjoying it thus far.

;)

Gonzo, Khan2012, Jayson1 and 7 others like this.
  19. Commander Richard

Commander Richard The Man With the Zapper Gun Premium Member

I don't like the idea of a Section 31 in Trek. And as much as I love Michelle Yeoh, I'm not that keen on a series.

That said, I voted "Yes". I am enjoying the execution (even if it's a bit odd to be so out in the open for a secret organization) and I like that this is the first ship-based Trek series to have some regular action taking place elsewhere besides the ship.

20. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like Section 31 and what they added to the lore via DS9, but I'm not quite sure they are adding anything to the season arc. Personally I think it would have been more compelling if the showrunners had gone with another Starfleet ship in pursuit of Spock. They could have had a Captain in the vein of Styles a hard arse rule follower who has a beef with Pike. I'm open enough to wait and see what is done with 31 before i start bitching though.

lawman and Deledrius like this.