And the Next Cancelled Show is...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Oct 4, 2014.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah, WB gave Fox a sweet deal for Fringe so maybe Blindspot is popular outside the USA. I have no clue, I have never watched it.

And Once somehow got a 7th season. No clue why, the ratings suck, half the cast is gone, the season finale is called THE FINAL BATTLE, but in ABC's eyes that's not enough.

ABC picked up all Trump related shows dealing with lawyers, Russians, and dumb fucks running for office as a joke, and time traveling refugees. Okay... I made the Russian part up. (Yes time traveling refugees is really a thing.)

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/05/do...dy-abc-shonda-rhimes-jason-ritter-1201815827/

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Per The Hollywood Reporter:

The reboot comes as Once remains a valuable property for ABC. The series, whose live viewership has dwindled to a string of series lows in season six, has a massive SVOD deal with Netflix that is said to be in the eight-figure range. As part of the renewal, ABC and ABC Studios have renegotiated to reduce the show's license fee and profit participation, with creators/showrunners Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis both signing off on the deal. Season six of the drama averaged a 1.0 among adults 18-49 and 3.3 million total viewers, growing 60 percent and 42 percent, respectively, with seven days of delayed viewing. The series remains a fan-favorite with a strong presence on social media as well as an important extension of the Disney brand, having featured a number of iconic characters during its run.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/once-a-time-renewed-season-7-at-abc-997815

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Refugees

A few million of them turned up at the same time, naked.

4. bigdaddy

That explains it. Gotham is only around because of a massive Netflix deal from before the show even premiered. I didn't think Once had a syndication or streaming deal, but there we have it. They even fired The Wicked Witch as she won't be returning in season 7. I have no idea what the creators are thinking.

Can we start a thing to get The Real Oneils back? Not because season 2 was funny, it was a mess, but just to shut up fake Christians who think it was offensive to them having never watched it.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Enterprise1701 likes this.
  5. Guy Gardener

Console yourself on reruns of The New Normal, with Tiny "Shannon" (seriously, she's like a foot shorter).

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Yes. We loved that show!

:(

7. bigdaddy

I think what killed the show was the mom and VP's relationship, it was awful! In season 1 the limited amount of it was funny because of how awful it was, but season 2 just did too much.

But of course it was really the Christian boycott that got it cancel. Honestly they blame everyone else for every little problem in their lives, or it was Satan, but as soon as they have something they agree with, take credit, fuck the facts like the show was horribly rated.

Does anyone think Fresh Off the Boat is dead? Would ABC cancel both Asian sitcoms in one year?

8. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:klingon:*%& $#*&*% *&*#$-*&%*$#*%& $#*&*% *&*#$-*&%*$#^ &^$# &^*%!& &^& $!#! ^%#%# *&*^$^ &^$# &^*%!& &^& $!#! ^%#%# *&*^$!!!!1

9. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Exorcist got renewed. That was surprising. Is it an in-house production?

10. bigdaddy

TVbythenumbers said there was a 33% chance of renewal, that means there was a 67% of it being renewed because TVbythenumbers is wrong 95% of the time, they are horrible, I'm not sure how they are still around.

However they are good for telling you if it's an in house show, and it is. So that helps, Fox owns it and probably has ideas for streaming with it.

Shockingly Two Broke Girls was canceled. I thought there would be a 13 episode finale season.

SVU was renewed for a 19th season.

11. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I got a kick out of Two Broke Girls. Sad to see it go.

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

You can remove Timeless from the list. NBC changed their minds and brought it back.

KennyB likes this.
  13. bigdaddy

14. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Wow. Awesome news. Brings back memories of "Chuck" in 2009. While not formally cancelled, it was all but dead when a huge fan campaign made NBC renew it at the 11th hour.

It feels good when networks do this.

15. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really doubt Christian boycotts seriously affected the show. I mean, very rarely do boycotts work in modern times..often it backfires. Like what happened with Chick Fil A.

ABC doesn't seem to care about "traditional values " anyway. It bought out the "Family Channel" and eventually changed it to Freeform because that more accurately describes the content.

As for canceling both Asian shows... 'progressives" can claim credit for trying diversity, but make some excuse as to why it should be canceled. At least Dr. Ken ended with Ken Jeong's real life (-ish) story of getting on Community.

16. Guy Gardener

Fresh off the Boat is renewed, and Fantastic.

Dr Ken used leftover scripts from the 70s, and needed to die.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  17. bigdaddy

Of coursethe 'boycott' did nothing, these assholes never even seen a second of the show. They are just crazy.

Dr. Ken is horrible, that's why it was canceled. Fresh Off the Boat was renewed and I don't think as in much danger as people thought. Now I don't watch it often, but it is good.

18. bigdaddy

New Girl was renewed for a final 8 episodes.

137th Gebirg and 1001001 like this.
  19. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

That's great, I wasn't able to follow the last season because of time but I always enjoyed it and plan to get up to date, soon.

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral