All Classic Doctor Who for free (USA)

Very cool. Since we have people from all over here, let's be clear this is free ad-supported streaming in the USA.

I would be happy if their Doctor Who "channel" now can source from the whole library. Sometimes I just like to clock in and see whatever happens to be on but it's often the same old episodes.

Last edited:
For some reason, the Second Doctor episodes include a lot of the recent animations produced with BBC America funding but not the animations apparently produced for DVD/Blu-ray.

The Power of the Daleks
(older color animation, not the updated B&W special edition)
(The Highlanders - no official recon or animation)
(The Underwater Menace - way too new I presume)
(The Moonbase - DVD animation)
The Macra Terror (B&W animation...except for Episode 4, which is the color animation)
The Faceless Ones (color animation)
The Evil of the Daleks (color animation)

The Tomb of the Cybermen
The Abominable Snowmen
(color animation)
(The Ice Warriors - DVD animation)
The Enemy of the World
(The Web of Fear - Blu-ray animation)
Fury From the Deep (color animation)
(The Wheel in Space - BritBox recon)

The Dominators
The Mind Robber

(The Invasion - DVD animation)
The Krotons
The Seeds of Death

(The Space Pirates - no official recon or animation)
The War Games

I'm curious how this stacks up against what's on iPlayer.

Just finishing up The Three Doctors. :)

What are your impressions of the story?

How many commercials? And what products were being presented in those commercials? (Gotta know what to buy, even if they didn't sponsor any shows then the cost per unit of said product would in all probability be lower...)

What are your impressions of the story?

How many commercials? And what products were being presented in those commercials? (Gotta know what to buy, even if they didn't sponsor any shows then the cost per unit of said product would in all probability be lower...)

I love multi-Doctor stories, so this one's always been a favorite. I think the first episode waits a little too long to bring the other Doctors into the story, the fight sequence be at the end of episode 3 goes on for too long, and the Brigadier comes off as a dullard in this particular story, but it's still a solid entry.

As for the commercials, they are brief. Between 90 seconds and 2 minutes. I did not actually note what was being advertised, because I mute the screen and scroll on my phone during commercials. They take me out of the story. :)

Last edited:
I love multi-Doctor stories, so this one's always been a favorite. I think the first episode waits a little too long to bring the other Doctors into the story, the fight sequence be at the end of episode 3 goes on for too long, and the Brigadier comes off as a dullard in this particular story, but it's still a solid entry.

Great points. Especially the Brigadier as I believe this is the first time his character goes from being an intelligent but by-the-rules figure to a buffoon (for whatever in-universe reason or because UNIT had nowhere else to go.)

Omega was an excellent addition, but having him be another shouty (the trope started long before Kylo Ren, with Omega being the then-latest example...)

As for the commercials, they are brief. Between 90 seconds and 2 minutes. I did not actually note what was being advertised, because I mute the screen and scroll on my phone during commercials. :)

Not bad. And nice workaround, hehe...

As for the commercials, they are brief. Between 90 seconds and 2 minutes. I did not actually note what was being advertised, because I mute the screen and scroll on my phone during commercials. They take me out of the story. :)

I think watching on my phone would take me out of the story, but I'm old. I did watch an episode on my iPad once but I prefer TV. No commercials on my DVDs.

Very cool. Since we have people from all over here, let's be clear this is free ad-supported streaming in the USA.

So not free. Advertisers pay for it, and they only do that because they make more money from you than they would if they didn't advertise.

You not only pay with your time, you also pay with your money. Of course maybe you are immune from one of the largest industries on the planet who are experts in brainwashing, and it's "others" who are the ones being manipulated, and thus paying their own way and paying your way, but across all viewers some of those viewers are paying. If the platform is paying $10m for the rights, they are charging the advertisers $15m (as they need to cover their operating expense and profit)

If the advertisers are paying $15m, and then the cost of making the adverts on top of that, that's because they are getting $20m more from the viewers than if they didn't pay $15m.

The viewers are still paying, they just don't realise it, because they buy into the view that "oh I'm immune from adverts because *reason*"

Yes, perhaps you are. 80% of people think they are better drivers than 80% of other people. I'm sure that some of those 80% are right, but they aren't all right.

I think watching on my phone would take me out of the story, but I'm old. I did watch an episode on my iPad once but I prefer TV. No commercials on my DVDs.

Yeap, buying the restoration dvds all those years ago has ben paying dividends today, no streaming issues, no online required, no adverts and all the avalible shows and episodes, and as a bonus i ripped them all to hdd long ago so i can either play them onto the tv right from the hdd or pop them onto a sd card and watch in the tablet.........some classic tv shows, movies and music you just need to own on physical media. ;)

So not free. Advertisers pay for it, and they only do that because they make more money from you than they would if they didn't advertise.

You not only pay with your time, you also pay with your money. Of course maybe you are immune from one of the largest industries on the planet who are experts in brainwashing, and it's "others" who are the ones being manipulated, and thus paying their own way and paying your way, but across all viewers some of those viewers are paying. If the platform is paying $10m for the rights, they are charging the advertisers $15m (as they need to cover their operating expense and profit)

If the advertisers are paying $15m, and then the cost of making the adverts on top of that, that's because they are getting $20m more from the viewers than if they didn't pay $15m.

The viewers are still paying, they just don't realise it, because they buy into the view that "oh I'm immune from adverts because *reason*"

Yes, perhaps you are. 80% of people think they are better drivers than 80% of other people. I'm sure that some of those 80% are right, but they aren't all right.
What percentage of people use the Internet to write condescending explanations of things that 80% of readers already know?

I hope you're having a better day now than whenever you wrote this.

Yeap, i ripped my restoration DVDs long ago and right now i am enjoying Pertwee runs on my tablet, just finished Spearhead and The Silurians.....and no adverts. ;)

But i just realised how grown up Who was back in the classic days, they called it a kids show but in the Silurians we have major gun battles and killings, then people dropping dead in the streets from the virus infection,.......a kids show! Lol

Oh and RIP headphone users from the sound effect of those 70s phones ringing. Lol

Back