All about T'Pol

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by 2 of 10, Mar 26, 2012.

1. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

:wtf: Twenty posts of caterwauling about costumes? Seriously?

This.

These are TV shows. TV is a business, and this wouldn't be the first time continuity and logic (pun intended) were sacrificed in an attempt to raise ratings. Or at least attract attention. Look, it worked!

Back to your corners, all of you. You've each scored on points, so I'll call it a draw. The match is now over.

Now kindly steer the poor neglected topic (hello? T'Pol?) back on track, please. Any more off-topic squabbling, and I lock this puppy down or start handing out warnings. Or both. Then you'll all have to find someplace else to kick sand in each other's faces. Got it? :mad:

I liked the costumes. Crimony.

2. I am Surak

I am Surak Captain Captain

Ah Charles Atlas. Those ads worked for me.
    Here is something to bring us back on track (trek?).

[​IMG]

3. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Her time as a Necrotron on Mork and Mindy would have made good practice to be a Vulcan.

:)

4. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would think that Vulcans would consider titilation, overt sexuality, and modesty as emotional constructs and as such, not logical. Therefore they would never even consider them in their choice or design of clothing.
    On the other hand. I think Seven was making her clothing choices to demonstrate her physical superiority. In addition to demonstrating her intellectual superiority through her work.

5. DAYoung

DAYoung Commander Red Shirt

T'Pol's catsuit was, aesthetically, quite nice to look at. (Can you tell I like understatement?)

But, despite this, I would've preferred her in a standard uniform. Likewise for Troi (in particular) and Seven of Nine. The latter had the excuse of post-operative healing, but the former just looked strange. Troi was always much more striking in a standard TNG uniform.

Moving right along...

I like T'Pol as a character, and thought Blalock did a good job with some horrible lines. To my mind, she used mannerism and gesture well to convey her emotional struggles.

Yes, she was standard Trek T & A - the television business hasn't changed in this regard since the 'sixties. But, like Jeri Ryan, she also acted well, and - when the script allowed - was quite moving.

6. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I liked T'Pol and Seven not being in SF uniforms. It irks me that everyone needs to join the fleet. I prefer having some folks who sit outside the ranks visually. And they do it so very well.

7. DAYoung

No argument on your last point.

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

How could they even be in uniforms when they are not Starfleet? I would imagine Starfleet is pretty precious about who gets to wear the uniforms. If you were going to stick 7 in a Starfleet uniform you might as well have stuck Neelix in one. If you were going to stick T'Pol in a Starfleet uniform you might as well have stuck Phlox in one.

Interesting of course that neither Phlox nor Neelix wore catsuits.

9. DAYoung

I think of Seven of Nine as Starfleet - at least as 'Starfleet' as many of the Maquis. She was certainly a serving part of the crew, and not - as with T'Pol - seconded from an allied fleet.

As for Neelix, sure: put him in one too. He can have Harry's uniform after he's thrown out of an airlock.

10. Gov Kodos

As far as we know...

11. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

T'Pol had some great outfits but then there was the orange velour number. Terrible. What were they thinking.

12. Gov Kodos

Pumpkins, and Miss Bingley...

13. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

T'Pol was given a United Earth Starfleet commission in ENT Season Four; she was a United Earth Starfleet officer that season, the same as Archer or Trip.

14. I am Surak

Notice how eye makeup, lips and catsuit match. She would not have it any other way.

[​IMG]

15. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    [​IMG]
    Very different to the T'Pol of S1. But not much point in a drama where a protagonist doesn't grow or change.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  16. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hmm, nice T'Pol pics. I have to say I never was bothered by T'Pol not being in a Starfleet uniform as that was not her character. It just would not make sense, but then again, did the catsuit ever make sense? But I digress....

17. horatio83

horatio83 Commodore Commodore

Precisely. But in two episodes which played in the respectively a future, These Are the Voyages and Twilight, she wore one, implying that her let's call it transition phase (being a Starfleet officer while still feeling like a member of the High Command) does not last forever.

18. I am Surak

Speaking of High Command

[​IMG]

19. Eno

Eno Lieutenant Red Shirt

I loved Tpol. Carbon creek was a fine Trek episode, regardless of series or year.

And if I may be crass, and please forgive me, but those are the only Vulcan thighs I wanted to wear as head phones.

20. I am Surak

I never heard that one :)