Akula Class MK-III

Starship

Captain
Captain
Many Star Trek fans know the non-canon Akula Class. From old games, drawings, renderings... there are many incarnations of her floatting in several sites and blogs. Sitting in the TMP movie era, the Akula is one of the most famous non-canon starships from Star Trek Universe.

After I watched "Star Trek - Picard" series, in which you can see the new Stargazer and the Enterprise-G, I had an ideia... Why not an Akula Class in that timeframe? With that ideia in mind, I took Marc Bell´s Enterprise mesh (with his permission) and begun to build a kitbash, adding my own objects to give her the configuration I imagined. So, here it goes the MK-I (from old games) along with my MK-III version:
mk-i.jpg

mk-iii-2.jpg

mk-iii-1.jpg

mk-iii-3.jpg

mk-iii-4.jpg

I think it's awesome that canonical productions and fandom alike are migrating back to the 23rd century look for starship design. Some motifs never die, but only get better with age.

Looks Good!
Only thing I'd do is take the bottom nacelle and flip it so its right side up. but thats minor.

I'm okay with the nacelle alignment, but the vertical alignment between the upper bridge dome and the lower navigational dome does silently attack my OCD for some perverse reason. is the lower dome too far forward or is the bridge too far back? I honestly DON'T KNOW AND IT'S FREAKING ME OUT!!! :lol:

Back