AICN is hinting that Nick Meyer is working on a Khan project + "loads of Trek projects in production

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by VOODOOXI, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

All the unemployed Scottish actors groan as one, not another fake accent!

Kaelef likes this.
  2. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

You know what? How about a sort-of Trek project.

I heard years ago about some of the things Doohan did in real life, including his war experiences. A movie just about him would be cool.

3. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

is this mysterious "Khan project" the remastered TWOK running in theaters again this September, or is this a *different* Khan project?

Phoenix219 likes this.
  4. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

I had always kinda assumed it had something to do with it ever since he mentioned it.

5. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Given Hollywood franchises are all about 'shared universes' this seems logical.

Bring it on!

6. Danlav05

It would be cool to have a load of TV movies, mini series, spin offs and more. I admit I'm the guy who loves seeing a lot of the old folk back, hence my obsession with Star Trek: Renegades.

I love the movie era and that gap between TUC and GEN is large, you could have a new ship with appearances from familiar faces, or a new crew on Excelsior with Admiral Sulu as mentor. Or have John Cho do a Kelvin Excelsior show

I was never a fan of Nemesis and how that closed TNG so a revisitation of that would be good, either with Captain LaForge, Worf, Riker or someone else.

i hate to say this but a lot of the cast members have aged a bit since so the characters would have to be moved on 15-20 years.

As the shows weren't as popular you could bring in folk from DS9 and VOY, cover all 3 shows at once. Maybe try an Enterprise series for clsoure but again 'Year 5' would not work.

Dare I say it but they should look at what some of the fan film groups did and take a page out of their book - they did a whole load of stuff in all eras - Hidden Frontier, Farragut, NV etc.

Ass for TOS, I'm sure someone will want ot revisit still in years to come. Getting Shatner, Nichols, Takei and Koenig on board for an animation project would be great.

7. Danlav05

I feel if they do bring back Shat it should be done sooner than later, the man's 86 - there were opportunities missed with previous JJVerse films and Enterprise!

How can Shatner play the part again now 25 years on, that is the question? RO's Star Trek 3 was to dfeature him saving the Prime Timeline somehow.

I'm not going to start another thread about it. I've done 3! :)

wayne66 likes this.
  8. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

They have been bungling chances to use Shatner to his fullest since the first Season of TNG....continuing on with missed chances on Enterprise.... finishing with the complete disrespect that was the JJ movies.

Danlav05 likes this.
  9. Danlav05

It's like a curse. Every time they get close it's canned. Yes we've had a couple of video games and a sketch but nothing canon.

FWIW I like the JJ movies as a reinterpretation of the original, not to mention Nimoy's majestic final return, but I'm more of a Prime guy. Even if they were older Pine&Quinto imagine if this happened:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/fa5b8e533586199

Back on the bridge in uniform one last time (saying that I did enjoy Beyond)

While he's alive for Bill it's still remotely possible, despite being 25 years older

wayne66 likes this.
  10. Albinator

Albinator Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What you call bungling, I call Shatner being greedy. Shatner was fantastic in TOS and in the films, but his time is done. He wanted too much money to be in TNG late in the series after rejecting a guest spot outright earlier.

He should not have been in Generations at all, and putting him in Enterprise would have been a bad decision (the idea originally was to make him Chef, then it was talked about that he might have been revealed as "Future Guy.")

He was considered by the studio to be in JJ's films, but supposedly he wanted a bigger role, while Nimoy was happy to play second fiddle to the new crew.

More than anything, Shatner's absence post Generations has been his own fault, whether because he wanted Kirk to be dead (making a reappearance in TNG era more complicated) or because he wanted to be a star and/or be better paid.

11. Danlav05

He did't want Kirk dead at all, no one did except the filmmakers who have since regretted it, he wanted Kirk to be alive - the problems were (a) he wanted to be *the star* [why he didn't do JJ's films] or (b) he wanted higher fees [why he didn't do Enterprise]. He wrote EIGHT books featuring the character revived in the TNG era!

The perfect Kirk comeback story would have been Yesterday's Enterprise (with Kirk in Garret's role), indeed the staff had admitted if they knew at the time [Season 3] there would be TNG films they would have saved the story and made it a movie.

What I write here-on-in is a complete personal admission, even though Shatner looks quite different as the Oscars sketch demonstrated, I'm not letting this idea go (for the JJVerse or another CBS project) while Shatner's still alive, kicking and working. I do perhaps selfishly regret that Shatner & Nimoy didn't play their roles one last time on screen together. Even in fan projects all the others returned. Paramount really shot themselves in the foot having Captain Kirk killed! :P

wayne66 and Phoenix219 like this.
  12. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Bring Kirk back and kill him again in every movie.

KennyB and Danlav05 like this.
  13. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe Shatner/ Kirk can return in the Khan movie? Use that de-aging computer trickery to allow him to play a illusion in Khan's head while he is on Ceti-Alpha 5.

Jason

14. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

I share this view. Shat only seems to be a real fan of Trek when he can make huge money off of it.

Danlav05 likes this.
  15. Four Lights

Four Lights Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I grew up with the 24th century timeline and have a lot of affection for it. Anyone coming to the franchise for the first time through Discovery won't have much of a clue about the era of Picard, Sisko and Janeway though. For that reason amongst others I'd say they'd be better keeping any additional shows in the period we're about to see now. That'd also be more economical ie re-using sets, props, uniforms etc.

Save a slew of 24th century shows for a re-imaging by a future generation in 25 or 30 years, when Trek has ended up being rested and the whole cycle is about to repeat again.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  16. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral