A more "serious" version of "Lower Decks"?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' started by dswynne1, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

LD is, I think, the best of the All Access Trek shows. CBS is determined to treat Trek as macaroni-and-cheese entertainment, so packing all the fanwank into a package that's fast, fun, and has some wit to it is the way to go. Really, the last two episodes are the most enjoyment I've gotten out of Star Trek onscreen in ages.

BillJ likes this.
  2. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah. "In the future, people don't mourn the deaths of people they loved." I always forget how genuinely obscene some of Gene's ideas about the future were.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Not seeing the issue... :shifty:

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even worse was how selectively they chose when to mourn death and when not to. When the engineer was killed in Lonely Among Us, everyone is okay with Data making goofy Sherlock Holmes impressions while discussing the death in an official officer's briefing. Then everyone is sad and mourns Tasha's death in Skin of Evil. Then in The Bonding everyone is telling the boy he has to get over his mother's death on the day she died.

I guess death can only be mourned when it's one of the senior officers who died? Actually, that could be a set up for a perfect joke on Lower Decks.

Qonundrum, fireproof78 and Sci like this.