Spoilers A list of bad scientific errors in Discovery

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by ISS_Einstein, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Not sure, but that dog looks like it's going to fire its agent after this scene.
    "How did it come to this. I starred on stage with Lassie. I had five curtain calls. I was an actor once, damn it. Now look at me. Look at me! I can't go out there, and I won't bark that stupid line one more time. I can't. I won't."

Spot261, BillJ and Hythlodeus like this.
  2. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

"By Grabthar's dog treats, what a savings!"

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

If Discovery had good science, it would be the final nail in the "this is Prime" argument. :guffaw:

4. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

The really fun bit about that giant planet is that, as per "Yesteryear", it sits in the sky above Shi'Kahr day and night!

Which is very nice, because it more or less rules out the giant being a moon of Vulcan or vice versa. Only two setups would cater for this: that Vulcan is tidally locked so that Shi'Kahr is below that monster all the time and Vulcan completes an orbit around the planet in one day - and that the planet merely visits Vulcan on occasion, passing by at a speed nicely matching the rotation of Vulcan around her axis, so that the big sister spends about a day and a night at the local zenith. Since the skies above Shi'Kahr are clear of heavenly bodies more often than not, the latter model fits better. Especially as we see it's also what's happening with Romulus and Remus, as per Data's show-and-tell and the witnessed changing distances in ST:NEM...

So, another example of science that's so bad it comes out the other side and actually solves issues.

Timo Saloniemi

Turtletrekker and Alan Roi like this.