A different sort of TOSR question...the DVDs

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by gastrof, Aug 29, 2008.

1. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does anyone know if the DVDs of TOSR include THE CAGE, or not?

2. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Season 3 is supposed to have it, I believe.

3. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

Yes, Season 3 will have it, and that will be released before it aires sometime in 2009. I'm hoping they will air The Cage as a special, hosted by Nimoy and Quinto :) A sort of companion piece to Leonard Nimoy's Star Trek Memories, done in the the early '80s between ST II and III if memory serves

4. Elder Knight

Elder Knight Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Y'know . . . I was wondering why people would buy DVDs of threse shows when you can get it free on your local station. Like this . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uhh . . . never mind!!

5. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

^Wow. Please tell me those are photoshopped! Our local stations are bad, but I've never seen anything even approaching that. :lol:

6. Elder Knight

Elder Knight Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nope! Those were untouched by human hands. Well, by mine, but I'm a computer programmer, so that doesn't count. It's what I saw. Actullay, some of it was changing and/or blinking.

7. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

That is the worst thing I have ever frakking seen. I'm hunting ad execs. *pulls out phaser rifle*

8. Mordock

Mordock Commander Red Shirt

For that matter, I'd love to see the Patrick Stewart-hosted segments from the special syndicated broadcast of the color print of "The Cage" from 1988. I may have been spoiled to an unreasonable degree by the toil of the Doctor Who Restoration Team, who would never let an item like that go by if they could help it, but it would be nice.

9. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

Oh yeah, I have that on tape, that was a fun special. I remember it had at the end our first glimpse at season 2 of TNG with Guinan, Pulaski and Ten Forward!