A change bigger than the Klingons...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Roald, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Jadeb

Jadeb Commodore Commodore

I’m not sure what thread(s) you’re referring to, so I may not be reacting to the same thing. (Which is why this sort of anonymized discussion is so unhelpful.) But, in general, I tend to have a pretty broad tolerance for discussion, whether I like the slant or not. It is, after all, a discussion forum.

From my perspective, if people are deliberately ruining theads, that’s an issue for the mods. Everyone else should just talk about Star Trek. Adding tons of sniping and jabs about what the “other side” thinks only worsens the user experience.

CaptainMurdock and BillJ like this.
  2. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Exactly. STD is more secure and will almost certainly go on longer than The Orville, because the latter show is dependent upon the archaic economics of the network broadcast model. But neither has the reach or influence of even mid-level tv successes of fifteen years ago. Star Trek Enterprise struggled with ratings higher than a lot of current hits.

Trek is as fully niche programming as anything floating out there on the CW.

BillJ likes this.
  3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I wanna say most of the earlier, longer threads in this sub-forum contain examples of what I'm talking about. I mean, if you've been in most of the DSC threads, you've seen it, you may just not choose to remember it ;)

As far as "who?", that's something I'm not getting into, but there does tend to be sniping after a few go-rounds.