24: Live Another Day. Discussion Thread. (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, May 4, 2014.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Wasn't watching live this week. I'll snark with you next week. :)

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well... That was certainly a fine return to form after watching Jack sit in a room for an hour.

And of course Kate's thinking, "Jesus Christ, I've only been Jack's sidekick for 30 minutes AND I'M ALREADY GETTING FUCKING TORTURED!" :lol:

And ladies and gentlemen, we have our mole!

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I think this may be a backdoor series for 24:Kate.

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would watch that in a heartbeat. Of all the new characters, I like her the best.

Is there something in the 24 manifesto that says there has to be a mole every season. I almost get a wash rinse repeat when it comes to this show, much more than any other show I see. I think we've had all the 24 Troupes already, with Navarro being outed as a Mole being the last one. It's really interesting how repetitive this show is, even with a 4 year hiatus.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

"What Jack wants, Jack gets"

That's T-shirt worthy

7. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Every season has recycled the same troupes over and over again, just switching up the order.

8. Trekker4747

And, hey, we finally got a couple official Kiefer Kills this week!

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Great episode! The inevitable mole reveal was unwhelming and unnecessary though. I assume he was talking to Catelyn Stark; sounded like her accent.

10. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I was thinking the same thing while watching. Kiefer has already said that he doesn't plan on doing more 24 after this (though of course for the right price he may change his mind). I think they are setting it up to have Kate take over 24 if Fox wishes to renew the show.

11. Trekker4747

I don't think there could be any 24 without Kiefer or Jack Bauer. Hey Yvonne/Kate is doing a good job and was pretty bad-ass in this episode but, still, is no Jack Bauer.

If Kiefer doesn't want to do Jack anymore after this I'm fine with that as until the announcement of this season I didn't think we'd ever get Jack again once the movie talks fell apart. So, fine.

But I don't really think Kate could carry a season of 24 like Jack does.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It sounded more like Chole's buddy Adrian Cross.

13. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

Well she carried Chuck for however many years. She could certainly pull off FemJack. Actually, I'm reminded of Mass Effect and playing as Shepard, and being all badass and cool, then rerolling as FemShep and everything being like ten times as cool. I'd watch.

The Mole reveal was sooooo lazy. My eyes couldn't have rolled any farther up into my head. Unless it's a double bluff and StationBratt turns out to be working some angle that required Kate's husband to be scapegoated...nah! He's just a weaselly piece of rat filth, just like he's seemed from the get.

I did love the Brit PM deciding to jump into the middle of an American op, about which he knows nothing, without telling the Americans anything, because his pretty assistant/mistress bats her eyes at him.

Hey, lets knock out this sniper covering the inside of the target building because he's clearly working for the badguys who own the building and not CIA overwatch... oh, wait. I get it, he's armed and you don't know him, but then they follow up with putting eyes on a known American agent the sniper was covering being tortured, shrug, and walk away.

They trigger a gun battle with like a dozen heavily armed men with drywall and wooden packing crates as cover? Brilliant move, gents. What was more shocking was that several of them actually get shot by rounds penetrating said cover! On TV!

Everything Jack and Kate did was awesome, though, so not a complete loss, all told.

On the other end, the villain ups the stupid ante having her unstable, injured daughter go try and murder her sister-in-law and niece despite their clearly having no clue about anything going on.

Thankfully, the previews for the next episode spoiled THE ENTIRE EPISODE, beginning to end, beat for beat. Much appreciated. I won't be an asshole and post what I saw in case others were smart enough to not watch them and/or may be tempted to read through spoiler tags, but for fucks sake, it doesn't make people want to watch when you set up tension in the preview...and then immediately relieve it - three times over what is clearly the act structure of the entire episode! WTF, Fox?

14. Trekker4747

Eh, to be fair it is *his* country, Any actions being taken by the American personnel on the behalf of the President was simply a courtesy being extended by the PM. But he's under no real obligation to let these Americans muck about in his country doing whatever. Still, it's odd he made the move without knowing too much on the plan of those carrying out the operation.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I never watch episode previews. They always spoil everything.

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Right now Navarro is either just a traitor or this is some sort of double blind. He's not a mole if he doesn't have anything to do with Al-Harazi. Maybe this will be like season 6 when they run out of plot and have to introduce a new villain to end the show.

17. Trekker4747

Well, there's usually a mid-season threat/plot switch usually coinciding with some-kind-of cast or at least opposing protagonist switch-up. (Usually someone from Divistrict showing up to change the aims of CTU/Whatever and to make life harder for Jack.) Often this also translates to some kind of shake-up in the Presidential side of the story.

I suspect at the 6-episode mark we'll see something of a plot shift and possibly the action will switch to America, the time gap covering the flight back to the states. I'd also suspect Heller will get 25th'd due to his Regan-heimer's.

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

There are no time jumps in the first 8 episodes. The writers thought the extra hours would give them time to move the action, but then they realized it's too hard to just stop the action for hours.

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe after the threat is over, the Russian take Jack, time jump, then the rest of the show is about Tony, Kim and Ricky Schroeder breaking him out. :p

20. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

When I watched last weeks episode I skipped the previews for this weeks. Like others, I had wished I skipped them again this week, oh well.

However, I really loved the episode, lots of minor complaints but that's mostly in how the Brits mucked up Jack's operation than anything about the structure of the show. I love that he's back in the field though. Just like season one, my interest picks up when Jack is in charge and not running from anyone. Which is why I'm so enjoying Season 2 right now...

And speaking of that, I just finished the episode where they chase down the (decoy) bomb on the runway. What a great action sequence (and filmed great too), and the season is only a little over half over, I can't wait to see what happens next.

And I can't wait till I get to season 3 so I can get a proper introduction to Chloe, who is a really interesting character so far in 'Live Another day.'