24 - Day 7: 3:00PM - 4:00PM: Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Feb 9, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Good

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Average

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm also becoming more and more convinced that the traitor in the White House is.....

The Chief of Staff. He has been the most gung-ho about calling off the Sangala invasion, and he has always been involved in the biggest decisions in the White House.

My spoiler tags aren't showing up....:scream:

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ It wouldn't make sense for him to be the mole. When he's trying to contact the First Gentleman's secret service guy, why act so oblivious to what's going on when no one else is looking?

Then again, 24 did make Charles Logan the bad guy out of nowhere, completely contradicting everything that took place beforehand.

This has got to be Bob Gunton's easiest paycheck. One-dimensional character who's in workplace mode, no personal life shown (yet -- maybe he has a crack whore daughter who needs a fix and her pimp wants to steal his key card), and he just repeats himself every episode.

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

How did Charles Logan being revealed as a villain contradict anything? He was established as an indecisive weasel, and even as a bad guy, that didn't really change. Honestly, 24 has done more annoying and contradictory things than that, in my opinion.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Hence the contradiction. That that indecisive weasel, Lub, was such a shrewd manipulator of government and planner of conspiracy.

But, for me, 24's biggest WTF moment of a traitor coming from nowhere was Nina.

5. LutherSloan

I'm sure the producers just put all of the faces of the CTU characters on a dart board....

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

A planner? It seemed to me that he was mostly a pawn in the whole scheme. Complicit, but not at the top. Of course, the conspiracy angle got convoluted and out of hand in season six, and has been more convoluted with the revelations about what happened to Tony after he "died" that have come this season.

7. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Being opposed to torture is not just left-leaning ideology nor should it be (John McCain and the many veterans groups that oppose it are all left-leaning?), it has nothing to do with Obama (the groups that wrote the producers to ask them to dial it back did so before Obama was ever on the scene as a presidential candidate), and you seem to have completely missed my point.

I can deal with the torture on the show just fine despite my being opposed to it in real life, I just don't like the extra step they've taken this season of adding people who vocally oppose it but then either compromise their beliefs at the drop of a hat or are depicted as naive and ineffectual for having them.

It's taking a leap from just depicting torture as part of that universe (an effective part - unlike in real life where it's completely unreliable) to indirectly criticizing those who politely raised legitimate concerns with the producers by contacting them.

That's why he's too obvious, though. He's a misdirect. Plus, he seemed to legitimately not know anything about Henry Taylor's kidnapping or Agent Gedge being a traitor even when he was by himself and had no reason to show confusion or lie.

I think it's either the National Security Advisor(?) (the guy who played Bill Garnier in 'Band of Brothers') because he's remained low-key, has access to all the intel and communications, and opposed the Sangala invasion, or it'll just be Jon Voight (who we already know is a bad guy) when he comes back.

Have they mentioned President Taylor's VP at all? I don't recall. Hopefully they won't be a bad guy after the string of villainous or asshole VPs and Presidents they've had on the series.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Introducing your new Vice President... Habib Marwan! :evil:

I'm giving this an Average.

9. Locutus of Bored

It was all part of his master plan!

10. LutherSloan

LOL

Voight's character is some kind of big business tycoon, from what we saw in the TV movie. He's not actually IN the White House. However, I do expect him to show up either next week or the week after, since we're getting to the point where the Big Bad usually shows his face.

Someone also needs to check the '24' White House basement for Logan, Wayne Palmer, and John Keeler.

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Everything that happened during seasons 5-7 were part of Marwan's backup plans in case of death. And everything has gone according to clockwork... including Jack faking his death, Tony's wife dying, Tony's death being faked, and 100% of all current elected officials and secret service/White House staff being where they are.

12. Locutus of Bored

Ah, thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten what he did.

13. LutherSloan

I was just thinking that since Bill is married to Karen Hayes, I'm shocked that she wasn't involved in the 'Secret CTU'.