2021 books announced

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by GaryH, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

"Like sand through the hourglass..."

publiusr likes this.
  2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

That’s not very gneiss

Therin of Andor likes this.
  3. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Poor puns.

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

#RockOn

Sci likes this.
  5. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

*wrenches steering wheel*

A bunch more "Untitled X" books have shown up on S&S' site:

https://www.simonandschuster.com/bo...med-Gallery/Star-Trek-Discovery/9781982157548 - DTP; a Discovery novel, scheduled for 18 May
    https://www.simonandschuster.com/bo...y/Star-Trek-The-Original-Series/9781982165895 - OATW; a TOS novel, scheduled for 15 June
    https://www.simonandschuster.com/bo...llery/Star-Trek-Deep-Space-Nine/9781982160821 - STR; a DS9 novel (so, fairly confident this is Alex White's Revenant), scheduled for 27 July

And one known:

https://www.simonandschuster.com/bo...-the-Final-Frontier/Dan-Chavkin/9781681885629 - Star Trek: Designing the Final Frontier, by Dan Chavkin.
    A non-fiction book from Gallery is interesting, considering that Titan and Hero Collector seem to have largely taken over that space from them in recent years.

6. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"I contain multitudes."-Whitman

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They must have just put those up this morning, because I checked yesterday and it was just the same ones that have been for a while.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  8. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was hoping we'd get news about new Star trek books, coming out in December or January 2021. But I'm glad we finally got some more news about other books coming out next spring and summer in 2021.Especially the DS9 novel.

9. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Technically the December and January books are part of the 2020 publishing year not 2021. So by this point the 2020 year has most likely been finalized.

10. Landru1000

Landru1000 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Do we think the "TDV" Picard hardcover is still coming out on January 5? I thought there was speculation that it was canceled or postponed because of the delay to S2. But it's still listed on S&S and Amazon. If that book isn't coming out, then it looks like there's a gap from November to April, which is unusual.

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not exactly. A Picard hardcover had originally been scheduled for December and was pulled from the schedule a few moths ago, which we speculated was because of season 2's delay. But then it sowed up on the January schedule, so who knows?

Mind you, if it is indeed going to be released on January 5, shouldn't we be hearing something more substantial about it by now? Like a title, author, blurb and cover? I mean, that's only slightly over two months away, and we usually have all that info about a book by now. After all, we got the cover image for A Contest of Principles in mid-August, roughly three months prior to its release.

12. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Well, we've got an author; James Swallow has been strongly hinting that he wrote it for the past couple weeks. It is odd that there's nothing else, though. It's getting late enough that I wonder if it's meant to tie in to some reveal about the next season of Picard, or in the current season of Discovery, and they're holding it after some announcement or reveal within the show. The release date is only two days before the DSC season finale.

That may also have something to do with the release date shifting around, since Lower Decks and Discovery had their airdates moved around because of the pandemic.

James Swallow and The Wormhole like this.
  13. Damian

Damian Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I suspect it will be delayed again. I don't expect to see it in January. By now we would have seen a bit more than just "Untitled Picard Novel" basically, even if it was just a teaser blurb. And I imagine it somehow ties into season 2, or at least maybe serves as a prequel to season 2 like "The Enterprise War" was for Discovery. So maybe they wanted to wait until there was more info on season 2.

I don't think it's been cancelled though.

14. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm curious who the wrote the Picard book coming out in January 2021.:vulcan:

15. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

As David cgc mentioned above, James Swallow has been dropping a lot of subtle hints that it's him.

16. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pocket is going to email David Mack with an "Oh sh*t, we forgot we were supposed to have a hardcover release for January 5th. Can you write one really quick over the next few days? Here's some money. kthxbye."

17. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

Unlikely. They know I'm already up to my neck in another contracted job. ;)

Oz Trekkie, historypeats, Sci and 4 others like this.
  18. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can confirm this is part of a multi-novel Lit-verse finale? :angel:

Oz Trekkie likes this.
  19. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

I can neither confirm nor deny on what I am working, nor for whom.

20. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This just in: David Mack has given up writing and joined the CIA. Congrats on the new job!