2014 MLB Season: How Many Pitchers Will Die For Our Sins?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Basically, the only time I'm going to feel sorry for Yankees injuries is if another one of them flies into a building.

In non-AL East news, holy dingers:

[​IMG]

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

This captures the moment quite well.

http://deadspin.com/phillies-fans-reactions-to-dan-ugglas-grand-slam-are-am-1563288296

3. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

...and those folks seem to be doing pretty well. If I learned anything last year is that "has-beens" and no-name rookies can do OK. Hell, we won 85 games in the AL East last year with bandaids and chewing gum, without Pineda and Tanaka...

3rd base wasn't all a "black hole"... Kelly Johnson is no slouch... not a A-Roid in his prime, but he'll do.

The pen did more than OK against the defending world champions.

And like I've said, CC reinventing himself will take some time... I watched the whole game on Friday, he really pitched well aside from a couple pitches that weren't missed by the batters.

No one said a "certain amount" wasn't expected, but did you expect Robertson to go down? I just hope Jeter isn't being rested or worse when I go to the Bronz to see my Bombers play the Reds in July.

YES, I'M GOING TO THE PALACE!!!

Probably makes you feel good, predicting the obvious and all.

It will be fun when this infield with no range, playing on crutches makes the play-offs.

Everytime I hear someone mention money while talking about the Yankees I just shake my head... they could spend 400M on a team...

Guess the Dodgers are the "evil empire" now, eh?

4. Yanks

I don't even feel sorry for the Yankees...

...and no kidding... they aren't even done yet?

Watch the rest of the game be a no hitter :D

5. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

And bandwagoners, don't forget the bandwagoners...
    :guffaw:I loved that lady with the frizzy hair, the expressions on her face.

In other news, tonight's game is PPD.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Best in what? Treating visitors like dogshit?

Agreed on Uggla's grand slam, by the way. :techman:

7. Use of Time

That slow mo replay is a masterpiece. There is just so much going on to appreciate. The music just makes it even more ridiculous.

8. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Another great finish from the Oakland A's. I love my boys, but they know how to raise my stress level.

10-4 baby!

9. Yanks

I think this is horse pucky...

http://tracking.si.com/2014/04/15/red-sox-john-farrell-fined-comments-replay-system/

I still don't know exactly what he said. Maybe he said one or more of those bad words to the ump, but if he was just upset about the botched replay call the day before, then tossing after 30 seconds is nothing more than "reply is here you have to love it" crap...

Then they fine him?

Just how did the "center" not have what was on our TV and in the stadium as well?

What do you all think?

10. Jedi_Master

Professional sports leagues take management and ownership criticism of league officiating very seriously, as that reflects on the leagues legitimacy. No matter how minor the complaint may be they tend to respond with fines.

Exhibits 1- 99: Mark Cuban

11. Yanks

Yeah, got that. But I don't agree with it here.

MLB screwed it up horribly, manager was honest and CORRECT...

I'd probably get fined alot as a manager :D

12. Jedi_Master

I agree that he was right, but wrong or right MLB says "don't verbally criticize the visible sign of our authority".

I would never want to be a manager, or an umpire for that matter.

13. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

The idea is more "don't air your dirty laundry in public." Players are often fined or suspended when they bitch about their team or management in public, because it just isn't kosher to go off like that. When an MLB manager says, "I have no faith in the system," it sends an important message (and I'm sure that MLB has heard it and the replay system is being looked at), but the process as it stands right now was followed to the letter. It sucks for Farrell, but his wallet will survive. It's the same as any other organization -- if I went out this afternoon and called a press conference and teed off on my employer in public, I'd get sacked six ways from Sunday.

99 times out of 100 I will side with labor over ownership / management, but leagues have a public image to uphold, and I get that. After the early gripes this season, I am pretty confident that the system will see some refinements in the near future.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  14. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Double complete game with a win for Tehran.

15. Yanks

The Yankees sweep the Cubs. Tanaka strikes out ten more and pitches eight scoreless.

16. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

The Philies/Braves game from last night is one of the best I've seen in awhile. It's one of those games where it's sad someone hast to loose.

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, I know. What a heart-breaker.

18. Use of Time

The weather worked in the Braves favor in this series. The postponed game let Atlanta reset their rotation to Teheran instead of Hale. Cliff Lee was mowing down everyone not named Evan Gattis. I don't remember the last time I've seen a double complete game.

19. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

So Dickey has a couple good innings and then falls apart. He can't pitch in Rogers Centre, he can't pitch in the cold. He's constantly saying he's close to having it feel right, but it never seems to get there.

The Jays got fleeced with him, giving up two of our best prospects for a pitcher who had one good season. Trade him now before the rest of the league realizes it too.

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I feel for ya. I always liked watching RA pitch for the Mets. I wish he could get it together.

At least the Mets got D'Arnaud in the deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.