World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Showdown, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I may do double duty with MoP & WoD for the mounts.

2. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I just finished the "The Day that Deathwing Came" quest storyline, and I laughed my ass off. My favorite line: "and then I remembered my motorcycle could fly, which would have came in handy earlier." :lol:

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh I love that thing! :lol:

There's different variations too depending on your char's gender.

4. Taylirious

Does the garrison get a barber shop? it seems to have everything else and since it is tied to trade chat, I seen no reason to go to a city and there are portals in Ashran.

5. teacake

BUt it's lonely. You don't see anyone other than your followers.

6. Taylirious

But just outside of the garrison is a bunch of people hanging out. I always have to ride through a crowd and usually Blingtron is up. :)

7. teacake

They are only there for Bling.

8. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Aw, Rhea died. I liked her.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

WERE IS MANKIRKS WIEF

10. teacake

11. teacake

I'm pretty happy, ever since transmog came out I've been trying to find some shoulders that match my basic orc outfit. The shoulders that go with the rest of the set (chromite) are a totally different shade than the other armor and there was seemingly nothing that shade available. BUT NOW I HAVE SOMETHING from the pandaland. YES. Exact shade.

12. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Not to sound like a noob, but how does transmogrify work? When I played, there was no such thing, but I like the idea of making it so my armor doesn't look like an old broken down Datsun.

13. teacake

You go into the place with the mummies (ethereal dudes, will be in SW). Click on guy and you can then click on any piece of your armor you are wearing and it will give you all the armor options you can make it look like, you must own the item but it can be in your bank or your bags. You pay gold for each transmog, which makes your current datsun look like that cool ferrari you got in some long forgotten raid and saved because it was pretty.

You can only transmog like to like, cloth to cloth etc.. with weapons it must be the same kind of weapon. You cannot transmog to a higher item from a lower, by higher I mean the character level required not the actual ilevel. You can take your shitty green and turn it into an epic as long as the epic was your character level or below. You cannot transmog to whites or greys.

If you dl mogit you can spend FIVE THOUSAND HOURS playing with all the possible armor in the game and how it would look on your character LOL.

I just ran Ruins of AQ for Vestment of the Shifting Sands on my priest. My DK has gotten this several times but can only wear it for fun and not transmog it, hopefully now that the priest can solo AQ I will manage to get that dress for her.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Legendaries won't transmog either.

15. Taylirious

My hunter's shoulders from the boosted set won't transmog, everything else does. Ugh. The shoulders are invisible but it shouldn't be a problem.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I'm sorta glad Legendaries don't transmog. Of course I'd like to run around with my Sulfuras more often, but transmoging does devalue the visual component of items. Not that there was much value left to item visuals (how long has it been since you could tell how serious someone was about the endgame from all across town? 7 or 8 years, probably), but still.

17. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

Yeah I know what you mean. As a casual non-raiding scrub I used to feel moments of quiet awe when raiders and arena players would roll up in their awesome-looking armour. With, I dunno, lightning shooting out their pauldrons or volcanoes on their heads or armour made of axes detailed with smaller axes. It was like being in the presence of legendary champions, or superheroes.

Now any loser like me can faceroll old raids. For Transmog, which is an awful word really. I do it and then hate myself for my hypocrisy. Then do it some more.

If I was supreme lord of warcraft I might change it so you can only use stuff for transmogrification if you beat that dungeon when you were the appropriate level. Which would restrict me to BC clown suit dungeon stuff, and Wrath welfare tier 9, but still. It's the principle of the thing.

18. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

The only thing that I've not been able to do yet is transmog my helm into a sombero. I go the old rare sombero out of Old Hillsbrad, but you can't use it for transmog. I use to use that thing while going low level quests for Loremaster, because it was silly.

Got a high level warlock running around in a swabby's shirt, a red shash, red cape, some dress slacks, shoes, and gloves, a sword and lantern, while wearing a sombero. I thought it looked funny enough. Looked like a level 30 or 40 running around save for the level 70 sombero.

19. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I transmog so my warrior can keep wearing her silver crown. It just looks great on her.

20. teacake

Guys, guys, through the garrison you can now get..

THE DARK WAR TALBUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The holy grail of Talbuks. Now, cheapened, for mass consumption.

You don't even have to kill anything yourself, you just send your slaves off to do it and YES. THE DARK WAR TALBUK IS YOURS.