TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. JesterFace

JesterFace Commander Red Shirt

HOOKED, there's no going back for you, we got one more gang. :)

Shalashaska and Mutai Sho-Rin like this.
  2. RAMA

RAMA Vice Admiral Admiral

sometimes it's hard to believe STNG is 30 years old...wow. Welcome.

Shalashaska likes this.
  3. intergalacticdude

intergalacticdude Cadet Newbie

What up TrekBBS people. I'm intergalacticdude. I'm transmitting these messages through a wormhole within a singularity onto your screen. I've viewed your "Star Trek TNG" and though it was some pretty good stuff. Not much about Trek I don't like to talk about.

TNG is my favorite of the spin-offs, but I like them all. My favorite is TOS which I grew up watching. Favorite characters?

TOS- Kirk, Spock, McCoy
    TNG- Picard, Data
    DSN- Kira, Odo, Quark
    VOY- Seven of Nine, baby. Greatest character in the history of Trek by my standards. Also like Tuvok and Tom Paris.
    ENT- Trip, T'Pol, Phlox

Welp. Guess that's it. See you around.

4. MermaidSouth

MermaidSouth Ensign Newbie

As I have been re-watching the series, I went in search of a group that may fill in some questions I have along the way. Glad to find you all here.

5. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

You'll find a good mix of facts and opinions here. We'll look forward to your own observations as well.

Dan_theNerd likes this.
  6. thesilverdoe

thesilverdoe Cadet Newbie

Hey everyone! I'm Dearra and I got into Star Trek in August. Binge-watched the original series in about 2 weeks. I started The Next Generation a few months ago and I love it! I've been watching with my sister and it's been a blast. My mom has been a huge trekkie since she was a teenager, as well as my dad to a lesser extent. She always tried to get me and my siblings into it but you know kids, anything your parents like must be lame so she didn't get very far with that. Now that we're older (I'm 19), we finally came to our senses. Star Trek is just in our genes! Hahaha.

I love TOS but I think TNG may be my favorite, I don't know, I love them both in different ways. Data is my favorite character. Some of my favorite TNG episodes are Darmok, The Measure of a Man, Clues, Chain of Command, The Outcast and many others. My sister and I got to season 7 recently so we're almost done! I'm sure we'll watch DS9 sometime after we finish.

Anyway, I'm new and I look forward to discussing all things Star Trek on here.

Mutai Sho-Rin likes this.
  7. Dan_theNerd

Dan_theNerd Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey everyone!

My name is Dan. I've been watching TNG since I was little, led to my love of Star Trek and science fiction. I'm more of a DS9 fan, but TNG will always hold a place in my heart.

I couldn't name a particular episode as my favourite, but in general I have more of a preference for seasons 3-7, as I feel seasons 1 & 2 are a little rough around the edges. My favourite of the movies is definitely First Contact.

I share a lot of inside Trek jokes with my wife, who when we first met 10 years ago, was not a Trek fan. I watched a few episodes of TNG with her and now she's a Trekker too. We watch primarily TNG and VOY together.

Mutai Sho-Rin likes this.