Just seen the last episode... I'm outrage!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by eezo, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

TATV:

The bad:

I've never felt this way watching a TV show before. I got real upset, I actually left the room when it was over in anger. This was different than when our heroes didn't get home right after blowing up the weapon. This hurt.
    #1. Troi and Riker are in Engineering and we hear Troi say: It's sad. Commander Tucker had no idea he wouldn't make it back. . Now WTF! :grr: If you are writing the last Star Trek episode EVER, and have planned out the death of a major cast member (one of the "big three" to boot), why on earth would you give it away to the fans there? I'll tell you why... a slap in the face, TNG's "better", that's why... It's hard to explain how mad I got when she said that.
    #2. 6 years into the future and everyone is the same rank? WTF??
    #3. The fact that Trip and T'Pol don't end up together. I was hoping when we were 6 years in the future that they had become married. It would have been nice to have the right closure to their relationship. All we get is T'POL: However long it may be, I believe I'm going to miss you. :wtf:
    #4. T'Pol's make up and hair. She just looked unhealthy and overdone. They had her looks right in season three. I'm not fond of her final "development". She had this issue for me during most of season four, but it's much worse in TATV.
    [​IMG]
    #5. Trip's death. I'm mean really. We've fast forwarded 6 year's in the future and the crew that saved earth from the Xindi attack and survived countless other death defying situations can't detect and stop a couple bad guys from boarding? Where was everyone else? Conner's acting was very good once again, but for what? There they go putting Archer up on a pedestal again.
    #6. Archer's speech to the Alliance. The entire series Daniel and company have gone out of their way to keep Archer alive, because HE is the ONLY ONE that can give birth to the Federation; his presence and speech are the bedrock to everything and what... we don't get to hear the speech? Big fat make up caked give the plot away Deanna (an alien) has to memorize this historic speech in grammar school and we don't get to hear it. Yanks blood is boiling here. What we should have seen is our heroes and Trip's parents sitting right up front when Archer gives his speech. A part of that scene, we should have seen T'Pol sitting next to Trip's mom and when Archer mentions the hardship/loss/dedication ... "how worthwhile it's all been." etc, Trip's mother could have taken T'Pol's hand... come on Berman...
    #7. And of course, having the TNG characters close out "our" series. " Computer, end Program" was like a knife in the back.

The good:

#1. The whole holodeck idea wasn't a bad one. When Riker said "Computer, freeze programme" I actually liked it, along with Riker taking the place of chef and interacting with our crew. The whole premise doesn't fit with the Pegasus (TNG) episode though.
    #2. I was glad they decided to include Shran in the final episode. I wasn't fond of Shran, a star ship captain in the Imperial Guard, being relegated to a runaway. I liked his daughter. I liked the way they told the story with the "objective mode" and Riker along for the ride.
    #3. I enjoyed Riker's conversation with all our crew in the kitchen. Every one of them was nice.
    #4. While Trips death was stupid, it gave us one of Enterprise's best scenes (in Trip's quarters) and probably Archer's best line.

T'POL: Trip told me as the years went by that I would miss her less. But he was wrong, because I find myself missing her more. Why would he tell me that?
    ARCHER: Time heals all wounds, but absence makes the heart grow fonder. I guess it's a little tricky. Emotions have a way of contradicting themselves.
    T'POL: And you wonder why we suppress them.

#5. While I don't believe T'Pol should have been where she was, when Archer stopped, came back down the stairs and gave T'Pol a hug Yanks got all choked up. Full swing of emotions in this one.
    [​IMG]
    #6. The ending montage. Listening all three captains of the Star Ship Enterprise say their piece was very nice and touching. Very, very nice.
    All in all a very selfish episode WRT Berman. It was obvious to me that this "Valentine to the Fans" was not written for the Enterprise fans, but to satisfy Berman's ego with regard to TNG. I felt left out of the end of Star Trek. I don't understand how Berman could give us so much great Trek throughout the years and then just cast off a group of fans. I guess that's what hurts so much about TATV. So Terra Prime and Archer's speech to the council is the finale for me.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

After all that build up with T and T trailing their relationship off to.. nothing was just bullshit. I remember hearing about T and T before seeing the series (didn't watch it past season 1 on tv, aired very sporadically here). I heard about it so very much I was quite shocked when I finally watched ENT that they appeared to have slept together only ONCE. But by giving them that psychic bond and the attraction you know the story isn't finished yet, stuff is gonna happen!! Old T'Pol advised young T'Pol to go for it! And they could have given us all this just by showing a relationship between the two in TATV in the future, even if we never got to see how they took the plunge for reals. But no, they act like it was some drunken groping in high school that because you still work with the person there's some vague sentiment about. Awful. STUPID. A crap all over these two characters and their story arc.

3. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This bears repeating (*ahem*)...

:barf:

4. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

And we just got lucky to see the correct chronology from left to right? ;)
    Improbable, but admittedly not impossible.

Very unlikely because in one TNG Episode Riker had to tell some kids to get their hands off and lost.
    And what's wrong about the Enterprises B and C?

The Enterprise-B probably had those bumpers for continued transwarp testing. Of course she was severely damaged in ST VII, had to crawl back to spacedock where they hopefully removed these horrible bumpers and else or later when they realized transwarp didn't work the way they expected. I do not recall that we ever saw this Excelsior Class variation again so it stands to reason that the Enterprise-B looked like a geniune Excelsior for the rest of her service life.

All we seem to know about the Enterprise-C from "Yesterday's Enterprise" is her configuration appearance in an alternate reality.

Obviously, the Enterprise-C in that alternate reality was a member of the Ambassador Class. Maybe the Enterprise-C in the "true" reality belonged to the Commodore or Probert Class. :p

Bob

5. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

that last episode either had to be something cobbled together by a drunken Barclay while messing around the holodeck or propaganda against riker made by friends of admiral pressman (former commader of Pegasus ,, ) at the time of riker's promotion as captain of titan. in an attempt to discredit riker and make it look like he spent his time playing on the holodeck during the Pegasus reclamation crisis.

really the episode doesn't fit within Pegasus's time line at all. and there certainly wasn't time for riker to be goofing off on the holodeck so much. really that isn't riker at all.. especially within that episode.

and it doesn't fit within enterprise at all either.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  6. Robert Comsol

Bought! :techman:

(avatar by Lock, Shock and Barrel? Jack S. "What did you do to the Easter Bunny?" ;))

Bob

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

THAT AVATAR :eek:

8. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

It's jarring, that's what it is.

How come no one ever attempted to edit The Pegasus and TATV together into a single episode? You can only imagine what the end result would have been like. :lol:

9. Robert Comsol

It would be a contradiction. What did Riker say to Troi at the end of TATV? "Now, I'm ready to talk to Captain Picard" :wtf: :confused: :wtf:

In "The Pegasus" it's clear that he won't talk because he follows Admiral Pressman's order not to discuss it with Captain Picard.

So it's like "I'm ready to talk to Captain Picard, but I'm following orders not to talk to him." :lol:

When he finally is "ready" it's not the result of his holodeck history lesson but owed to the situation the Enterprise-D ends up in: The Romulans have sealed off the asteroid's exit and the only way to get the Enterprise-D out of there is by using the Federation cloaking device.

And for that, quite simply, he did not need this history lesson. Therefore it is a logical conclusion that TATV is a piece of holodeck propaganda, as it has been correctly suggested. ;)

Bob

10. Chensams

Chensams Vice Admiral Admiral

Trip's death served NO purpose at all. Just terrible writing. And not being able to hear the speech tells you even more how terrible the writing was.

11. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

They should have ended it, right after Riker and Troi say to end program, with Daniels in a more futuristic holodeck, his Xindi Reptilian wife by his side, saying, "End program."

12. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

So you see, there WAS a purpose... It just failed at it. Miserably. In fact, Braga achieved just the opposite of what he intended.

Trip dies, and Malcolm, Hoshi and the other guy bitch about lousy seats? :lol:

13. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is the episode I use to prove that the only people who had "franchise fatigue" were Braga and Berman - the sloppiness of the whole thing shows that they just weren't prepared to put any effort in anymore.

It's a stark contrast to any episode in the shows last season, where the writers were obviously enjoying what they were doing.

14. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

It was an awful way to do it, as it takes away whatever "impact" his death was supposed to have had, but was probably meant to get viewers questioning the what, when, how and why?

Apparantly for a crew that's supposed to be the most experienced and best out there they don't do anything to warrant promotion. It was really annoying, like we couldn't wrap our heads around a few promotions here and there.

There relationship was probably one of the best things ENT did, and then to have nothing at all come from it was really irritating--they could have been strangers.

I would have thought that after six years T'Pol would finally be ordered into a proper uniform--get some professionalism on the Bridge.

His death was totally unneeded. Surely Archer's sacrifice for his friend would have been of bigger impact (plus it would get rid of a terrible character).

Probably a good thing though. Bakula doesn’t have the acting chops to pull off big speeches (Sir Patrick Stewart he most surely is not). Any time they had Archer pontificate I cringed, he just wasn’t convincing.

Deanna may be half-alien but she is still a Federation citizen and the foundation of the UFP would be a big thing for them—whether they were involved in the initial creation of the Federation or joined at a later date.

A better episode that focused on the ENT crew would have been a better end, missing out the holodeck/TNG element entirely. ENT is not my favourite series, but it deserved a better ending than it got—especially as it started to pick up in its last couple of years.

Yanks likes this.
  15. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Would people be happier if Archer's speech had been presented for us...and featured gazelles?

(ducks)

16. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, that was stupid writing to begin with, and not in keeping with Trek's spirit. And kinda sexist, too. We're really supposed to believe that if Archer had been killed, Hernandez couldn't have seen things through? Bull! :klingon:

Exactly. There's no way the speech could have been anywhere near as good as just hinting at it. Sometimes hinting at something is more artful than actually showing.

Polly's pretty and all, but I just don't really buy that someone as dynamic as Trip would want to settle down with someone as emotionally closed off as even her. I can buy deeply felt human/Vulcan friendships; romances, not so much.

The hug was a beautiful moment, period.

17. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Ladies and gents, Gaith has spoken. The "hug" matter is thus concluded.

18. Yanks

OK, need a little help here please.

I see this and I don't know how you guys do it. I'm assuming you use the "multi quote" thingy or somthing.
    [​IMG]

Can you explain how you get the "Yanks wrote (with the right arrow)" at the head of each paragraph?..., or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

19. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

I remember reading about Blalock having health problems during season 4 but I don't remember where I read it at.

20. Yanks

Yup, she had lost weight if I remember correctly.

...and she didn't have any to lose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.