Just seen the last episode... I'm outrage!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by eezo, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

DS9's first two seasons were meh IMO, but VOY's were prety much terrible. I caught some reruns on TV a few years ago, and I was stunned at how bad they actually were.

TNG's first two seasons were utter shit as well, and I'm with you on this one, compared to all this, ENT's seasons 1 & 2 aren't that bad at all...

Season 2 gets a lot of hate, but that's mostly because of the "shit-stain arc" (A Night in Sickbay, Marauders, The Seventh, The Communicator, Singularity, Vanishing Point, Precious Cargo, The Catwalk, Dawn, might as well throw in Stigma). There are some real gems there too (Carbon Creek, Minefield, First Flight).

Yanks likes this.
  2. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

That's cool. Maybe I should word that differently.

As a whole, they are stronger than them. DS9 had a LOT of skippers. More than ENT and VOY.

3. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

My tastes are a little different than yours. I'm not near as hard on ENT Season 2.

Of those you listed, I would only put ANIS and Dawn down as stinkers.

But I'm glad that someone else see's what I see. As you said, especially comparing to TNG.

I'm a huge trek fans and I almost quit watching DS9 early on. (glad I stuck with it though)

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Let's face it, you gotta have stamina for season one anything. Especially in the era of 22+ episodes a season. Sit back, wait for it to grow.

5. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Here here. To think I almost gave up on Farscape, mid season 1...

6. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I do too since he responded to my post and clarified what he meant.

7. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

I know I'm raising a dead thread, but figured this was better than creating a brand new one.

I'll admit I didn't read all of the last 11+ pages, but it seems I'm in the same boat as a lot of others here as far as how I felt about TATV.

I hated it. I could not wait for it to just be over! It was more like watching a TNG episode that an ENT episode for me. Just so horrible.

Trip dies and then 10 minutes later it seems everyone is just a-okay and laughing and joking around. Dumb. And Trip dying was so pointless anyways...even though the whole damn episode felt pointless.

Frakes...was he that deseparate for work? Personally I don't like Riker anyways, never have, but he was just so horrible in this. Cheesy dialogue, cheesy acting, just so bad. Same with Troi.

I feel bad for the actors of ENT because it felt like there finale was stolen so that Frakes and Siritis could have a spotlight on ENT too, hence the TNG feel to the whole episode.

Ugh ugh ugh!

8. SpHeRe31459

SpHeRe31459 Captain Captain

In the new interviews for the Season 4 Blu-ray Jolene Blalock talks about how when she read the script she was pissed and called up to the TPTB and laid into them.

9. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As I said in another thread, Coto's recent remarks just make it that much easier for me to completely dismiss TATV completely. Not that I needed his permission. I pretty much wrote it off immediately after it first aired.

10. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Coto 2 part interview at Startrek.com he had some intriguing ideas for season 5. Tatv is not any good. Jolene back before the finale originally aired talked about insulted she was about the script in 2 interviews she did said the script was crappy .Jolene and Connor Trinneer didn't come to wrap party when they aired tatv. I don't blame them for not going and seeing it. Even Frakes has said he thought tatv wasn't fair to the Enterprise cast just playing holodeck characters in their own finale and getting a goodstory like the TNG got in All Good things.

11. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

IIRC the only reason to watch TATV is for the final montage...and you can skip the episode prior to that point.

12. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^

Best advice so far. :techman:

13. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Here it is. The only good part of TATV.
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFd05XB64HY[/yt]

14. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

And yet that didn't actually stop him and Sirtis from doing the episode. If I were a Trek actor from TNG and someone wanted me to star in the series finale of a completely different Trek series set in a completely different time, I'd be like, "WTF?"

15. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Sigokat, we appreciate your efforts to recycle responsibly by dredging this thread up from the trash heap...but it's pretty old. Better to let it decompose in peace.

But take heart! Somebody starts a new "I hate TATV!" thread every month or so here, so you're in good company. Judging from the several posts following on your heels, there are still plenty of brickbats to throw, so feel free to start a new thread if you care to continue the venting.

Plus hey remember, it's official now per Manny Coto - Demons/Terra Prime is the Enterprise finale! And TATV is...well, that's for the next thread.

Lights out. *click*

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.