DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Disillusioned, May 30, 2009.

1. tssurfer

tssurfer Ensign Red Shirt

Aug 22, 2016
    the beach
    hello is this the DS9 club? can i get a synthehol and some grubworms pls. i just made some latinum and want to party :)
  2. BJ Wagner

BJ Wagner Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Aug 4, 2016
    Calgary, Canada, Sol III
    Not since the last season was released on DVD for the first time have I watched an episode...until tonight. I've decided to watch the entire series on Netflix. It's great to see the old gang again. This is the one series of Trek that I feel has the greatest development for much of the cast. I forgot all about Nog's journey until I saw him again.

Even on Netflix, The Emissary is a darkly-lit episode. I also couldn't help notice that the uniforms seem a bit plain. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but after Enterprise, I'd kind of like if the DS9 one-piece had been designed with more pockets. Basically an Enterprise overall with the same colour scheme as DS9. Just saying...
  3. Kevin Wolff

Kevin Wolff Commander Red Shirt

Aug 26, 2016
    TNG was my first love, but DS9 from the Jem'Hadar episode on was my favorite Trek. The Wolf 359 teaser scene from S1 ep1 was incredible, but the show clunked along for much of the first 2.5 seasons (as did the others). Best developed antagonist, alien of otherwise, in Dukat. The Dominion war was excellent for its character development as much as its depiction of starfleet at war. Worf added a lot. Oh, and I still remember the first time "Tears of the Prophets" aired and the space battles reached a new level not only going all CG, but speeding up movement where earlier CG (The Sacrifice of Angels) was good but still mimicked the slow movements of the physical models. There was something real and satisfying in hearing that synthehol really tasted like crap too.
  4. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nov 6, 2015
    Finished DS9 for the very first time recently and absolutely loved it from start to finish.

I posted my thoughts after recently watching the finale in this thread:

Can I officially be called a "Niner" now? :angel: