World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Showdown, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are a few BC & WotLK mounts, maybe a few from MoP. I really want the dragonhawk you get from having 100 mounts? I want a rocket mount. :D

I have all the racial and select others 69. :(

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

hmm.. don't have that and according to the chiev I have 94 mounts. This means they must not count the other factions mounts. So six more to go for that dragonhawk which I don't care about anyway.

There is an Elekk mount in Draenor that horde can get. Now that I want.

3. teacake

4. Taylirious

^ My DK needed that like yesterday. *pouts*

5. teacake

Well I don't collect them so don't feel compelled to participate in raids full of dickwads for hours at a time on mount runs. I do go to Kara regularly on the DK and try for the Kara mount but it's never dropped. I used to clean out that human town for the other horse, name totally escapes me (hey I had a 2 year break) but that takes too long so I stopped that.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

You're thinking of Rivendare's Deathcharger from Stratholme (Strath UD side). Dropped for my Paladin back in the day. My farming buddy hated me with a passion for it ;)

7. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I don't collect mounts, either. Even though my female human warrior (Ayashanti if you're on Moonrunner) is only level 40 (I'm still in Eastern Plaguelands...ugh), I'm quite happy with my pinto, "Toledo Cadillac."

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Back in the day, you would have just gotten eligible to own a mount at level 40 and you would have had to save up 40 gold for it. I had to loan 30-ish gold from a buddy to be able to afford it on my first character.

9. Taylirious

You can get all the racial (ground)mounts by creating Death Knights for each race and then buy them when you get out of that area. Not sure if it is the same but I did it before MoP and then just leveled up a Panda to 40 get those mounts.

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Yeah, that still works. At least it did a couple of months ago, I got the Worgen mounts that way.

11. teacake

huh, and I rep ground for all those mounts, though the primary reason was the rep.

Yes Stratholme. Still have fun trinkets from there and oddities. The orc only rides her dire wolf.

12. teacake

You haven't done plague lands until you've spent weeks painstakingly finding Blood of Heroes on the ground.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

My human priestess did Exalted with fucking Darnassus back in Vanilla for her Swift Frostsaber. ;) Totally worth it back then. Irrelevant now.

14. Taylirious

My favorite moment was getting that Onyx Cloud Serpent on Timeless Isle. I spent a month out there trying to get it running around like a fool! :rommie:

15. teacake

Yeah my original character worked very hard to get all the racial mounts, but that doesn't compare to my previous guild leader. She got the Violet Protodrake which you get for completing all the holiday chievs for a year, and she got it on at least 12 characters. And then BOOM she only needed to do it once :eek:

My favorites are the rays.

16. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

I've gone back to my old Dreadstead I got through the old questline (still have the mats for that too). I use it because I have the instruction glyph so it can walk on water with a flaming trail behind it. Don't need water walking or fishing mount for that, I got a class mount for that sort of thing.

I didn't get that mount until level 70 because by the the middle of TBC, no one was running Dire Maul anymore. I managed to get a group in Nagrand by helping some people with some the group quest. They noticed I was always slower than them on mounts because I was going to use the quest for the riding skill level rather than pay for it and get the mount. I got my flying mount right after getting the Dreadstead. I still needed to save up to get epic flying and then build by Engineering Turbocopter (I built the first one that night, so I didn't run around on my Dreadstead much in Outland since I could fly).

I used the Engineering Chopper as soon as I could built in back in Wrath (expensive). It was fun at the start as it was a vehicle at first and you didn't take fall damage (it did instead). I did the minefield achievement jumping around in it for fun. I drove off Dalaran on Christmas without dying then flew back up with my Turbocopter. It was silly fun. I use to drove it straight off the rode in over the big Lion to get to the Harbor to get to Northrend. I was silly and a stunt, but fun. (also jumping off mountians in the Storm Peaks).

17. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I remember, which is why I was so surprised when I got my mount at 20, and it was 5 gold. :lol:

18. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

No more walking around Desolance without a mount for hours.

19. teacake

Yeah I was very proud that I had a whole 40 gold to buy my first mount when I hit 40. Many people didn't.

Of course now you get 40 gold doing two quests or killing a few things. Inflation.

20. Taylirious

Dancing on mailboxes! :p