Spoilers Zootopia/Zootroplis - Review, Discussion, ect.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Mar 4, 2016.

?

Rate the Zootopia

1. Outstanding

68.2%
  2. Good

27.3%
  3. Average

4.5%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

What about the dentist guy and the daughter who was holding Nemo in the tank?

2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

No humans in Zootopia. Which is an easier way than what Christopher was saying to tell that it's not in the same universe as Finding Nemo

3. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Very nice. Thanks for the link. :) I agree, the visual design was great.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you guys like the art design for Zootopia so much, you might be interested in The Art of Zootopia.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just watched this again for the first time since it was in theaters, and it's almost scary how much more appropriate the themes and ideas in it have become just in the few months since it was released.

DaddlerTheDalek and Kemaiku like this.
  6. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I watched it a couple months ago. I thought it was alright

7. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I saw a month or so ago. I thought it was an excellent way to really illustrate prejudice to younger kids and at the same time, be an entertaining film for older kids and adults.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I love, love, love this movie. I've seen it four times now and it's been just as rewarding every time. What a wealth of visual detail, character, story, plot, humor... This is a ten out of ten.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same here. It's easily up there with the best of Disney, like Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I saw Zootopia a while back, and I actually didn't like it as much as I'd expected or hoped. Certainly I admire what it had to say, and I respect the effort quite a lot, and I think it's an important statement in these times, but I found its execution as a movie to be a bit underwhelming somehow, a bit ordinary. I love the idea of the movie better than the actual result. Maybe it's because I watched it on DVD right after watching Kung Fu Panda 3, which was so visually spectacular and innovative that Zootopia was kind of bland-looking in comparison. Maybe it was just a bit too Disneyesque for my tastes. (I realized a while later that Judy and Nick remind me visually of Lady and the Tramp, and their story is kind of similar, allowing for the fact that Judy's looking for career success rather than romantic success.)

It didn't help that the featured Shakira song irritated the hell out of me. It pretty much ruined the big reveal of Zootopia, which might've been really impressive if that awful song hadn't been distracting me so much.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

If you're suing Disney, you want to take your time to build a solid case.

I had a skim through the complaint and although it's stuffed with claims to broad to have merit, there's some unsettling similarities in dialog and certain key scenes. If they're true, and not just a forgery like the similar lawsuit over Kung Fu Panda, I'd say the guy is due compensation.

13. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Just to make this clear, this is not the same Gary Goldman who's a relatively big name in animation with a history at Disney and working with Don Bluth on such non-Disney classics as An American Tail, The Land Before Time, All Dogs Go To Heaven, Anastasia or Titan A.E..

14. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched it a couple of times with my daughters. Made me laugh several times, and found it incredibly fun and enjoyable. A little too heavy handed towards the beginning of the third act, but it had a great ending.

15. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Idris Elba had a bigger chance to shine in this than he did in Star Trek Beyond.

Kor

16. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's sad that I find his character more memorable than in Beyond as well. He also makes me laugh quite a bit too as the Chief.