YouTube interviews/streams with Terry Matalas, other writers/producers, actors

cal888

Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
It has been suggested that this section should have a dedicated thread for YouTube interview content. That seems like a good idea, so I thought I'd get one started and people can add to it with both old and new findings. Maybe you can even find something with Michael Chabon or Akiva Goldsman...

Links are limited to five videos per post

&

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Todd arrives at about the 19 minute mark. Talks about how he imagined the USS Constance evacuation playing out in his head, his head canon about picking Seven to be his first officer, how his performance in "No Win Scenario" inspired veterans to contact him with their survivor's guilt stories... "I spend my adult life living the dream of my childhood"... also answers a couple quick questions in character as Shaw, such as if his opinion on jazz has changed...

Last edited:

Last edited:
I enjoyed watching the Popcast interview with Todd Stashwick. TrekMovie's Pod cast did one with Gates McFadden. I enjoyed listening to Gates talking about Beverley's story arc in season 3.

I enjoyed watching the Popcast interview with Todd Stashwick. TrekMovie's Pod cast did one with Gates McFadden. I enjoyed listening to Gates talking about Beverley's story arc in season 3.
Thanks. Maybe we should get a thread going dedicated to podcast interviews?

Meanwhile the Popcast guys (who did the one where Terry Matalas showed up last week) just had a live chat with Christopher Monfette

Last edited:
He's on for almost three hours, and definitely knows his franchise history. Okumura interviewed with Michael Chabon and Terry Matalas in December 2019, they were full, but Terry was then able to bring him in around Fall 2020. Topics include casting Michelle Forbes, how the season arcs were planned, and fans wanting more from the season 3 team.

He has a few quite diplomatic answers about Disco-Klingons and Alex Kurtzman's role in season 3 as well.

Last edited:
Back