Your Worst/Funniest Gaming Glitches

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jax, May 2, 2010.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I was just playing the sub par "FIFA 10" game on my brothers 360 console and came across quite a funny glitch and it made me think of starting a thread...

In my game the ball went out for a throw in and the ref booked me for a penalty according to the commentator but no penatly was given. A minute earlier the opposition striker had shot at goal and then just fell over looks like I had a 12th ghost player :lol:

Am sure I could think of more but for now what about you?

2. TEH BABA

TEH BABA Commodore Commodore

Pregnant men in sims 3.

3. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I couldn't unlock Gouken and Seth in Streetfighter IV. Must've been a glitch. :borg:

4. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Way back in the days of yore I was killing monsters and vampires and such in a game called EverQuest, the pre-WoW MMORPG of its day. I was in a zone called Mistmoore, sort of a castle built on a hill that you had to approach through a winding canyon. I had been fighting in the zone for several days to level up my character and had become friends with another human player, a ranger named Demetrium. Using harmony(agro decreasing lull), invisibility, roots, snares and every trick we had available to us we would fight deep in the castle where no one else dared to go.

On one such trip into the castle one of the monsters we were fighting ran into another room and chain agro'd another six or so monsters. Demetrium and I knew the drill and without a word we fell back to a bridge that overlooked the entrance to the zone. We knew that by leaping off and going to the zone-in the monsters chasing us would have to go the long way around through the winding a canyon, and that at a certain point when the distance was long enough they would forget about us. It was a pathing glitch of the worst and most useful sort.

Well it turns out that our train of monsters ran into another group of human players fighting in the castle, that group was promptly killed except for one quick on his feet player who ran for the canyon, leading the increasingly large pack of monsters and vampires into yet another group of human players. This happened two or three more times, as the group of monsters now some 40-50 strong ran into one human group after another.

Demetrium and I were sitting at the zone-in regaining our mana and health when a gnome magician nearly dead ran up to us. He was polite and said something like, "RUN, HUGE RAPE TRAIN COMING!" And was killed by several spells landing on him at once. Demetrium and I stood and looked down the hill to see 60 monsters charging up at us. We zoned out to clear agro, waited a minute for the train to clear and go back to their spawn points, and then we zoned back in.

Five minutes before Demetrium and I had started our retreat there had been over 40 human players in the zone. When we zoned back in, we were the only two players in the zone. Everyone else was dead.

It was totally mean, but we laughed like madmen about it. Then we started dragging corpses to the zone in to be rescued.

5. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

There was one in the last Tomb raider game, stopped the game dead, you were on a bike inside some catacombs and you had to raise part of a broken bridge to make a ramp that would allow you to jump across the gap.....The glitch was random so you would only know when you reached the gap if you were stuck or not, and that was it, game over, you would then have to go way back to a previous level and play up to that part again in the hope that next time the glitch was not there.

Now that was a bad glitch.

6. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

was playing DFX2 co-op on a user-made map and there was one enemy trooper who was completely unkillable. i emptied 300 rounds from my M16 into him, all 6 of my M203 grenades, two AT-4 anti-tank rockets AND three hand grenades and the bastard still wouldn't die.

someone else was shooting him too, and finally killed him.

7. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've seen a few strange bugs in WoW before.

One time the world server crashed while we were wiping on Kil'Jaeden (a bit sad seeing as we had him on farm for ages) and for some reason, instead of being teleported to the graveyard and disconnected when people released, their ghosts just spawned on top of their corpses and let them resurrect. This completely bugged out the boss script, because he just got stuck casting Soul Flay on a corpse endlessly and stopped using any other abilities, and his health appeared to be stuck too for some people. We just kept attacking him as we couldn't wipe or leave combat. Eventually he died, but none of the people who released and resurrected could loot him, so our guildmaster wrote a ticket and eventually we got our loot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another time, we had all 4 dragon orbs light up from the start, but for some reason we decided to just wipe and reset. Would have been pretty funny trying to kill him like that though.

[​IMG]

When 2.4 came out, you could climb up on to the mast of the ship next to the flight path on Sunwell Isle and attack people without aggroing guards, and if they attacked you back, the guards would attack THEM and you'd get the credit for it. You could also enslave the infernals and park them on top of NPCs so if anyone tried to use the NPC and accidentally right clicked the infernal instead, the guards would kill them. This was particularly funny when the badge vendors first opened up and everyone was trying to use them. They had a passive AoE immolation thing too which didn't aggro the guards, so you could kill AFK people with them. Also, on the 2.4 test server, you could enslave the Brutallus that you saw when you flew over Sunwell for the bombing run, but I never tried it myself. They added a big invisible wall there and made it impossible to enslave him when 2.4 went live though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's always a whole bunch of graphical glitches as well if you play in Linux with an ATi card. The minimap goes blank when you're indoors and occasionally the icons show up as completely random textures, especially in loot windows.

[​IMG]

Here's a few other funny things that aren't necessarily glitches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was a pretty fun bug when patch 3.0 came out as well. They messed up a new talent that gave your demon a buff. The Voidwalker one was supposed to increase the threat from Torment 200%, but instead it increased it by 200 times. You could solo quite a lot of stuff with it without having to be careful of pulling aggro. I think somebody even tanked a few Black Temple bosses with it.

I quit WoW over a year ago though, so I don't have any recent bugs.

8. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I accidentally drove a tank onto another in COD:World at War. Then I couldn't get down.Some clown put a panzerfaust missle in between the two vehicles and killed both crews at once. He must have laughed himself sick.

In Halo 3 we turned the gravity off in a game the first week it was out. You'd run and end up taking partial flight. It was a duck shoot for those of us smart enough to lay down and snipe...

In Ultima IV(NES) I landed my balloon in the mountains near a dungeon entrance and ended up exiting the dungeon at ground level-leaving my balloon in the mountains. I had 135 hours in and needed the balloon to travel to the volcano for the final mission. Couldn't finish the game. LOL.

9. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Back in the early '90's, I had this game called Stunts. Here is a link in case you aren't familiar with it.

It was a pretty cool driving game, but one day I discovered a rather amusing bug in the physics engine. Under certain circumstances involving collision with other objects, your car's vector would be reversed and set at an incredible speed. The effect this had was, basically, a flying car. :lol: The car would stay airborne for 20-40 seconds, depending on how you did it, and it was completely out of your control while up in the air.

The easiest way to do it was to make a track that runs the length the whole map, with no obstacles or curves (except enough to make a loop back to the start.) The Indy car works best, so you can get up to top speed. You run all the way down the straightaway, never letting off the gas, and go straight into the fence that borders the map. As soon as you try to turn away from it, you should be launched into the air. Enjoy the scenery as your car flies around the map, then crashes hard to the ground. :lol:

10. crouteru

crouteru Captain Captain

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II on the Gamecube - during the Death Star trench run, when the Millennium Falcon come to help, it glitches really badly and hits into the wall several times.

11. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

On Killzone 2 when I shot a few helghast they got stuck in a wall and kept twitching.

12. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Shooting arrows through a closed door in some dungeon in Might and Magic 6. The game was great but full with weird bugs like this ...

13. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Lol, I remember Stunts, such a fun game for its time. That flying glitch was fun, but my brothers took the most fun in building impossible tracks full of loops and jumps and crap and seeing who could make it the farthest.

14. Robert Maxwell

Yeah, that was fun, too! And I swear, the computer drivers cheated.

I'd have friends over and we would exploit the flying glitch to see who could get the most "hang time." :lol:

15. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I had just started a new single-player game of Half Life. Rode the tram, admired the sights. The security guard walks up to let me out of the tram, and suddenly keels over. I'm left stuck in the tram.

What an awesome game. :p

16. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

One time I was leveling a character through Nagrand in World of Warcraft, and there were six or seven Talbuks up in a tree. :cardie: I wish that I'd thought to take a screenshot of it.

17. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

There's this glitch in NHL2K10, which is a great game btw, where the game doesn't always show the right replay corresponding to what the announcer's talking about. Well, in this game I just played, the announcer was talking about a penalty for my team while showing a replay from something the other team did; one of their players repeatedly jabbing my goalie. Damn me for taking punishment! :D

Same game, but not sure if it's a glitch or the way it's designed, but the players can be really aggressive. One time, I had the other team check one of my players against the boards hard enough that he flipped over them and then disappeared.

Not a glitch but still funny, as I'm still very impressed by the detail in the game. One time I was very aggressive, checked one of the opposing players into the net which unseated it, and then one of the refs came over to put it back into position.

18. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

there's a glitch in saints row 2 for the ps3 sometimes if you run someone over you'll see thier legs sticking out of the front of the car.

19. Robert Maxwell

One of the things that always pissed me in Morrowind was how you could get stuck wedged between rocks on a hill. There was seriously no way out, sometimes.

And in the original version of Quest for Glory, which was called Hero's Quest, if you right-clicked on the Green Meep (which would normally bring up a description of whatever you clicked on), you'd get a box saying: "Oops! You did something we didn't think of. Please report this to Sierra On-Line technical support." And then it would crash to DOS. :lol: Random!

20. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

A very NOT funny bug in Starlancer caused the game to crash in Mission 11, if you approached a mission target. Which you have to. I just looked it up (there was not fix that I could find when I was actually playing the game), but you have to turn your graphics all the way down to minimum to avoid it. Otherwise, auto-crash. Super annoying. I must have done that mission ten times, and since the bug is rather far into the mission, I just eventually gave up. The game was buggy to begin with, which was why I tried so many times.