Your TV shows of the '70s....

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Warped9, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I'm still holding out for a UFO remake. It would, of course, be required by law to star Neal McDonough. :techman:

As for other 70's shows: What the fuck does "shlemiel, shlamazel, Hassenpfeffer Incorporated" (from Laverne & Shirley) actually mean? I never understood that bit.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds like the UFO remake planned for 2013 has gone to development hell.

3. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, I forgot to mention one of my '70s favorites: Emergency! That was the lunchbox I had.

I never missed Space:1999 but I couldn't help but notice my parents could barely stand it. When I saw it again as an adult I sympathized with them.

4. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Same. I still like the original in many ways, but a properly done remake/reboot could rock.

And it's gotta have some of that iconic music particularly the main theme. That's something I'm also hoping for The Man From U.N.C.L.E. when I get around to seeing it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY

It's amusing to recall how funky those shiny purple wigs looked back in the day--it was so out there--and yet today you can go out in public and it shouldn't be too long before you spot someone with purple, blue, green, yellow, orange or unnaturally red hair. :lol:

5. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Rookies! Though Kate Jackson was the "non-glamourous" Angel, she was absolutely stunning in The Rookies. Oh, and in Dark Shadows!

6. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Star Trek was the prime example of catching up on shows from the '60s in the '70s, but there were quite a few others. Shows that I had only a fragmentary awareness of in the earlier decade between the ages of 1-10.

In the 1960s there were few shows I watched with any sort of regularity: the Adam West Batman, Spider-Man, Space Ghost, Speed Racer, and a few others. The Adventures of Superman (the George Reeves series) was actually a show from the '50s that I caught up with daily on the Commander Tom Show in the 1960s.

So many series from the '60s were rerun heavily into the '70s long after they ended their original run.

Man, we watched a lot of freakin' television when we were kids. :lol:

7. datagal

datagal Admiral Admiral

Well, I was a child during the 70's, so I can't help but remembered that decade. :shrug:

As for the shows: Too many.

8. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I lived the '70s so maybe thats partly why decades later That '70s Show had no appeal for me.

9. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

As a boy in the '70s I watched:

Space:1999
    Star Trek(reruns)/Star Trek:TAS
    Ark II
    Space Academy/Jason Of Star Command

UFO
    Battlestar Galactica
    Buck Rogers In The 25th Century
    Logan's Run(1977-1978)
    Lost In Space(reruns)
    Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea(reruns)
    Planet Of The Apes(1974-75)
    Return To The Planet Of The Apes:TAS(1975-76)
    Flash Gordon:TAS
    Land Of The Lost
    Vallet Of The Dinosaurs
    Fantastic Journey(1976-1977)
    In Search Of...
    Starlost
    Doctor Who[Tom Baker]
    Kolchak:The Night Stalker
    Battle of the Planets:TAS [Gatchaman]
    StarBlazers:TAS [Space Battleship Yamato]
    Superfriends:TAS
    Scooby-Doo:TAS
    Avengers(reruns)/New Avengers
    Man From Atlantis
    Wonder Woman
    Amazing Spider-man [CBS live-action series]
    Six Million Dollar Man / Bionic Woman
    Project:U.F.O.
    Quark

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  10. Forbin

My wife liked to watch it to see Jackie wear the same kind of clothes she used to wear.

11. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

There were a lot of things I liked in the '70s, but it was a decade with a lot of lousy cars perticularly from Detroit. And this is when I was coming of age and getting interested in cars. I was so turned off by what Detroit was cranking out in those days that it would be decades before I felt U.S. automakers deserved any respect again.

Now I feel it's finally a level playing field and in some cases I actually like some domestic cars better than the imports (in terms of trucks I think Ford and GM always did decently and didn't seem to suffer the same crap as the cars).

12. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I pretty much was dressed just like Bobby Brady in the early to mid 70s.

13. Forbin

I can't recall what year exactly, but my father knew a man who bought a new Thunderbird every year since the first one came out. The only one he passed on was one of the mid 70s models. He said it was the ugliest car he ever saw. (I think I recall one with a white Landau roof with portholes.)

14. Forbin

I rocked the burgundy rayon bell-bottoms and paisley shirt. :cool:

15. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think '72 was the last year for the S-bars, and then '73 started the opera windows. Besides being ugly, god they were big. Only two doors but each one felt like it weighed a hundred pounds.

I'm sure! You should have seen my pumpkin orange shirt with cocoa brown yoke over brown corduroy bell-bottoms!

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Baseball uniforms in the 70's were sometimes even worse than civilian attire. And not just the "do not adjust your set" brain-frying color schemes of, say, the Astros; I distinctly remember one game where the White Sox wore unis with shorts :guffaw: .

17. Phantom

Phantom Captain

Fun Fact: the forward end of Ark II is taken from the mockup of the Seeker from Space Academy/Jason of Star Command.

18. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I liked Man from Atlantis for the Malon looking sub.