Your Recent Beaten Games...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jax, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished off Tales of Monkey Island Ch 5. Looking forward to ToMI2

2. jonepole

jonepole Cadet Newbie

I just finished Fallout 3. I really Enjoyed it so much, that I am gonna play through it again.

3. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Knocked off Batman. I'm probably going to hunt down all the riddler stuff and 3 batarang the challenge rooms. I still have no clue what the hell constitutes 'perfect timing' or whatever for the combat though. The instruction manual sucks, and the in game tutorial stuff is kind of useless. It was a fun game, but it's been a while since I've faced a combat system that did such a bad job of defining what a 'good' fight is supposed to be like. Oh, and it's obnoxious that when you die the game tells you exactly how to beat the boss you're on. Kind of ruins any sense of accomplishment...

When in doubt on how to beat a boss or something.... QUICK BATARANG!

4. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

Found my old Gameboy Color, so I just Beat Pokemon Red Version and Final Fantasy Adventure

5. Anthony Sabre

Anthony Sabre Commodore Commodore

COD: Modern Warfare 2 - yesterday
    Battlefield: Bad Company 1 - today

6. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah i just completed Batman, only things i have left to do is those challenge rooms and get one perfect combo trophy, not going to happen through, after hours of trying i will just have to be happy with completing the game on normal.

7. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just spanked Infamous. Played heroic and only lack the shard and tracks trophy as well as some half dozen of the cool moves. Might play it through as evil or switch over the MGS4

8. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

In the last couple of months I've played through the following on XBOX 360:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - great gameplay, graphics and music.

Tomb Raider: Legend - a decent Lara Croft outing after the disastrous Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness.

Prince of Persia - gorgeous cel-shaded graphics, fun acrobatic action, and an engaging storyline, but the combat element is lacking and the trap-defeating component of previous PoP games was missed.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - finally an outstanding superhero game. Now if we could just get a Batman game of this quality that allowed you to take control of all the Bat vehicles that'd be the bee's knees.

9. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Been doing a lot of gaming over the holidays, here's my tally.

Dead Space: Extraction - I love the Dead Space universe so it was a lot of fun to revisit it in this rail shooter. It's on the short side (6+ hours) but the plot and characters are really good. Going to hang onto it until I can play through it with a buddy.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - I'd played through on normal when it first came out but had the urge to go through again on Hard. Amazing game, I enjoyed it more the second time and some of the battles with the brutes are very difficult.

God of War Collection (God of War 1) - Picked up the $40 combo pack, God of War 1 was way more challenging than I was expecting. Very fun game, really amazing remastering of the PS2 game... I'm going to take a break from Kratos and the Greek gods before I play Part 2.

10. Commander Vaughn

Commander Vaughn Vice Admiral Admiral

Just made it through Dragon Age over the holiday break. That was a massive game...

11. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

My most recent beaten game was Chrono Cross.

And no, that's not because I play games but never finish them. :p I just never had a PS2 until about a month or so ago.

Overall I really enjoyed the game, even with the complete mind-screwiness that comes with combining Trigger and Cross together. Some pieces of music were awesome (I was pretty much hooked on the intro screen!). The one thing I found the most hilarious about the game though was all the PCs that would join your party at the drop of a hat. :lol:

12. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I just finished off my achievements for Dragon Age. The first game I've ever actually bothered to do all of them.

13. Commander Vaughn

Commander Vaughn Vice Admiral Admiral

^I've still got to go back through and do that. I always try to finish all the achievements in a game before I move on to a new one.

Did you actually grind three different characters up to level 20, or did you use the leveling glitch?

14. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Borderlands

15. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I actually played through it three times. I have no life.

16. Yoda

Went back through on hard, got all the trophies... can't say I love the PS3 trophy system... they don't seem as convenient as the Xbox ones... like when I unlock one, pressing the guide button doesn't take me straight to the one I just did... and I didn't notice any sorting options so I could bunch all the incomplete ones at a glance. Maybe I'm missing something, or the in game XMB or whatever isn't as full featured as if you exited the game first...

Anyway... in the end I did like the game quite a bit, after all I did blast through it on hard this weekend... seemed more fun when I knew where I was going, and how to get there... had the controls mastered... and skipped the cut scenes. That was the winning combo. The Poison Ivy and Croc stuff was lame as hell though.

I liked the beat people up in waves challenge rooms a lot more than the predator ones... some of the 3 bat challenges were ridiculous and I had to look up youtube vids for a couple. Convincing 3 different thugs to stand in front of three different walls at the same time so I can blow them up was just too obnoxious. And the one where you have to zip line through a window and hit somebody was lame too, since even though the guy was right on the other side of the window, i still usually didn't hit him. I got it after a few tries, but it just seemed to not work for no good reason!

But yeah, beating up people in waves was fun... once I got my system down for maxing variation bonus... it goes something like this, run at nearest unarmed thug... mash counter until you counter his opening attack, evade over him (in fact, just assume that I'm doing an evade after every one of these moves), press the stun attack, build the regular attack combo to 5x, do the dude toss special move, build to 10x, do the instant takedown, evade away from the mass of humanity, triple quick batarang to stun/knock down some fools, quick triple batclaw thing to get the rest stumbling, ground takedown the most isolated guy, usually nobody is in a state to interrupt the slow ground takedown at this point, if they are thin the herd a bit before the batarang/tri-claw combo. After the ground takedown I'd often intentionally break combo so you get the x100 bonus... seems like if you do other stuff and end there you get a crappy bonus, like x10 or x25... what sense that makes, I have no idea.

Once you hit your ground takedown you've achieved your 9x variation = 5000 bonus points... speaking of which, the x means multiplier, but they don't really multiply, well, at least not linearly, so it's deceiving, if you get say a 3x, which is worth something like 200 points or something worthless like that, then you may figure, well, if it maxes out at 9x, it's not really worth it for 600, but no it's really 5000. It bugs me that I have to google the scoring system just to understand what the hell I'm supposed to do to get points. But it's fun enough once you understand it. The extreme challenge room with the timer and the electric floor blew beyond belief though. You pretty much have to get the 9x variations on the first couple of rounds, which is still somewhat tricky to get done without running out of time... then the last two rounds are mad scrambles to take everyone out before the timer goes out... you could be doing a perfect freeflow, and still have 3/4 of the inmates attacking you when the timer expires.... you really have to mash in some heads and do instant takedowns, and opportunistic ground takedowns... nothing hurts like building up a good score in the first 3 rounds (say enough to qualify for the 3 bat score), only to be a couple of seconds slow on dispatching round four....

BTW, just popped in God of War Collection... sort of similar actiony combat, but wildly different controls... this is very much confusing my brain so far. *sigh*

17. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just finished my first PS3 game, Resistance: Fall of Man.
    Contemplating rather I'm going to start part 2 or Move on to the Uncharted series.

18. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Just beat MW2 about a week ago and just got through Dragon Age today. Absolutely awesome games :D

19. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just beat the Modern Warfare 2 campaign in a little under 6 hours. :( Fortunately, the multiplayer is a lot of fun and is making up for the, while entertaining, disappointingly short campaign.

20. Yoda

Resistance was my first PS3 game as well... I'm sorry you had to go through that as your first PS3 experience... wait... you want to play the sequel? :wtf: