Your favourite Starfleet uniform?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by LeeDrawsStuff, Jan 5, 2017.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yes the FC/DS9 uniform comes in a close second behind the MM's for me. :)

2. Serveaux

Serveaux The Wind Premium Member

Probably the Theiss uniforms - TOS and early TNG.

Ali ben Bad likes this.
  3. Martok91189

Martok91189 Ensign Red Shirt

Hmm, I'd have to say the TOS and TNG uniforms but I did like the Enterprise series uniforms and the mirror universe uss defiant uniforms

Balok likes this.
  4. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

I genuinely love the Discovery uniforms, I just wish they'd gone with a sleeve braid to delineate rank, rather than (barely visible) pips on the badge itself.

After that would be the FC/DS9, and the later TNG style.

A few people have mentioned the Beyond uniforms, they're nice but a) I don't like the collar, and b) the fabric seems too thin.

5. φ of π

φ of π Captain Captain

There should be hats as part of the Starfleet uniform.

They could be called Rodden berets.

6. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Captain Captain

I have a soft spot for the TOS uniform and the TNG uniforms. I consider the TWOK uniforms the default Star Trek outfit mentally, I suppose. My least liked is the TMP uniform. I have tried for years to find some redeeming value in them, or to have some respect for them, and I can't. They're boring, I suppose I resent the fact that the lovely TOS era of uniforms gets canonically shortened by bumping right into the god awful drabness of those uniforms.

Other than that, I have a soft spot for the TNG film uniforms, but not necessarily the greatest affection. The DS9/VOY uniforms have their place, but I prefer them in their original intent. They were the uniforms for station personnel, and the Enterprise-D and the rest had the uniform for ship personnel. When they become the uniforms for the ships too, I dislike that. And I like the ENT uniforms from the perspective that they are realistic astronaut suits.

I think it is all a matter of what show you like. From a design perspective, they all work, with the exception of TMP. Even the designer said he didn't like those uniforms. But if I had to choose just one, I would go with TOS. It is everything that works, and nothing that doesn't. No frills or oddities or changes to have a newer design, which opens the design up to aesthetic debate.

7. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Captain Captain

You've won at life.