Spoilers Your favourite hero-starship design in television and films

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Mountie1988, Jul 27, 2016.

?

see above...

1. Constitution (original)

2. Constitution (refit)

3. Galaxy

4. Sovereign

5. Defiant

6. Intrepid

7. NX

8. Constitution (alternate)

9. Discovery

10. Bird of Prey (Voyage Home)

11. Franklin (Beyond)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Matt McGuire

Matt McGuire Ensign Newbie

Love the Sovereign class, but also huge fan of the Nova Class refit.

2. apollo1984

apollo1984 Commander Red Shirt

Out of the available choices it would be the Sovereign or Defiant class. Yet these don't represent my favourite ship classes from the whole series, these would be the Nova class starships and the Sabre class starships.

3. Xhiandra

Xhiandra Captain Captain

Oh, out of all ships, it'd be the Akira class for me. Steamrunner is nice, too.

4. Commander Keiran MacDuff

Commander Keiran MacDuff Lieutenant Red Shirt

Big fan of the Intrepid, Constitution (TOS), Galaxy, and Defiant classes. Also the Miranda is awesome!

Can't stand the Constitution (refit and alternate), and the Sovereign class. Enterprise E is sadly the cheesiest ship in Star Trek.

5. kazemiya

kazemiya Ensign Red Shirt

Galaxy class.. i am always like this ship.. this is the ship that catch my attention when i start watching startrek.. and the reason i like startrek. Soo beautiful, powerful, huge, and elegant.

Galactic Alignment likes this.
  6. BigDaveX

BigDaveX Captain Captain

Constitution-refit, just ahead of Sovereign, with Galaxy in third place.

7. TheAdmiralty

TheAdmiralty Commander Red Shirt

The refit Constitution Class from the movies has always been my favorite. The Sovereign Class comes in second.

8. USS Belmont

USS Belmont Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My favorite is definitely the Conny refit. I used to really hate the Galaxy-class when it first debuted. Now, I love it so much, I have both the E-D and the Yamato models. So Galaxy is a close second. But the ship I truly love the most, but not on this list, is got to be the Excelsior!

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

The Connie refit and the Connie are my favorites followed by the NX and the Reliant/Miranda. Never cared the Galaxy class. Too top heavy with stubby nacelles. The Intrepid class has a similar problem. The alt Connie needs some nacelle reduction.The Defiant never made an impression. I'd have to google it to recall what it looked like. The Sovereign is too stretched out. The Excelsior is just ungainly. The Klingon BOP is good design, but I prefer the D7.

CorporalClegg likes this.
  10. TheAdmiralty

TheAdmiralty Commander Red Shirt

Pretty much agree with this. The original Constitution and the refit are the best because they are the most elegant and symmetrical. They did an okay job with some of the smaller patrol/scout type ships (Defiant, Miranda, Akira/NX Enterprise) but they made a deliberate effort with most of the later main ships (Galaxy, Sovereign, Intrepid, Excelsior, Nu Enterprise) to distance them from the classic Constitution Class, and primarily did it by making them look asymmetrical and ugly.

publiusr likes this.