Your Favorite Day

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RoJoHen, Aug 27, 2012.

?

What is your favorite day?

1. Monday

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Tuesday

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Wednesday

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Thursday

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Friday

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  6. Saturday

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  7. Sunday

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. Every day is awesome!

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  9. Every day sucks!

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  10. I have no preference.

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, kindof. I meant it in a sense that nobody in the immediate vicinity mows their lawns, drills holes, saws wood, tinkers with their cars, repairs roads, builds houses or indulges in any other loud occupations.
    There's hardly any traffic either. It's wonderfully quiet and peaceful =)

2. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

* Junk-food places (the Scottish chain, of course, is open).

Almost the same here.

Strange thing about this 'week-end' thing is that most of the soldiers in western Europe went home for the week-end as well. - Even at the height of the 'cold war' (and still the Soviets didn't attack!!?!??!)

The noise (and smell) of motorised gardening tools is one serious reason to get away from the suburbs up here in the northern (historically chiefly protestant) parts of Europe.

Unless you have a lawn or a hedge to trim of course. :p

3. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

personally, I prefer an old fashioned manual lawn mower. My dad mows with a skythe.
    We used to cut the hedge by hand, too, but lately we've been using an electric tool (no stench, less noise)

Big M is indeed open on Sundays (as are other chains) but even they open later and close earlier, at least in my town.

As regards the army - that completely reminds me of one of my favourite movies. Do you happen to know 'Asterix in Britain'? I sooo love how the Romans managed to invade Britain LOL.

For those who don't know the comic book nor the movie: The Romans plan to invade Britain. However, some particular habits of the Britains impede the Roman plans, as described by a centurio reporting to his general:
    "every afternoon at 5 o'clock they leave the battle field to drink a cup of hot water with a dollop of milk. And every friday afternoon they cease fighting for a whole two days! They call this deplorable custom 'weekend'." - Upon which the general orders the Roman attacks to be performed at 5 o'clock on working days and around the clock in the weekends.
    Thanks to this ingenious strategy the Romans succeed in invading Britain.
    Here's a short clip that about sums it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYRz7tsHYfo

4. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

That was one of the primary items I needed to buy, in the English translation, the first time I ever went to Britain :rommie:
    (Another thing was an umbrella!)

5. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    Sunday. I work Tuesday-Saturday, so Sundays are lazy days followed by lazy Mondays :)

6. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Any day when I'm happy and healthy is great. I've had memorable Mondays, terrific Tuesdays, wonderful Wednesdays, thrilling Thursdays, fabulous Fridays, and sumptuous Sundays.

My Saturdays are usually satanic so I hate that day.

;)

7. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have instituted Purple Thursdays in my AP Chem class. Also Polka Dot Wednesdays, but that one isn't as successful so far. It gives them something to look forward to.