Your dream Trek Game

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Necros, May 2, 2008.

1. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

any game the likes of Judgement Rites or TNG A Final Unity. With better graphics.....aka Vulcan Fury.

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

To be fair I play in my dream Trek game every day. The link's below.

3. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

I'd love to see a sniper type game involving a Voyager style phaser rifle, picking off Jem Hadar, Klingons, Borg, etc. Using the crosshairs & trigger to select destinations in the turbolift, etc.

4. Anthony Sabre

Anthony Sabre Commodore Commodore

An MMORPG game which starts out with all players having the option of going thru the Academy or being a non-comm officer. To go thru the Academy would require actual studying and testing with a major and a minor. Non-comms would go thru specialized courses that make them experts in a very specific area, but not well rounded. Afterwards officers and non-comms would apply for posts on ships. Officers graduate with the rank of ensign or Lt. jg (with honors), non-comms as crewman or petty officer 3rd class. The software would be first person GUI with a built in voice over IP client so that when you're on a bridge, or an area with other players present, you can actively speak and hear others. Your ship would be the equivalent of a guild/corp and the fleet your in is your alliance.

Missions would be assigned based primarily on what region of space your ship is in. If your ship is near Klingon space, you would have to develop good faction with Klingons and have missions that somewhat involve them. Same with Romulans, Cardassians, Borg, Tholian space and etc. Captains or Commanders would act somewhat as gaming masters as they are responsible for making decisions that determine how the mission proceeds. Each mission would have portions that must be completed by each division on the ship i.e.: security, engineering, science, medical, tactical and etc. Each player would gain individual ratings or experience points and the entire ship/crew would be rated based on how well all individuals handle their areas.

You would be able to transfer to other crews and fleets, be promoted, switch fields once you go thru training for that field and even eventually take command of your own ship/crew. For those that don't enjoy playing with a group, you could join an NPC (non player character) ship/crew and work your way up through the ranks, but it would be more difficult.

And lastly there would be events that effect the entire server. The Borg attack at Wolf 359, the onset of the Dominion conflict and a war with the Klingons. Also if the crews assigned to certain regions of space had poor diplomatic relations with the races there, this would effect the Federation's overall standing with that race. So if the fleet assigned to patrol Romulan space had poor diplomacy with Romulans during their missions, this could ultimately lead to war with Romulus over time, which would effect everyone.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

A more true to the show game of BRIDGE COMMANDER with a MASS EFFECT/FREELANCER type game with an open ended galaxy and long game. Also could mix it a little with EF games.

6. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A)What Lagacy was supposed to be: A game where you could customize your ships, with technology and new research happening over the years. Perhaps in a form similar to the Starfleet command series: there's a time keeping system, and based on the amount of resources you dedicate to research, new ships, weapons, etc are developed. And, while you wait for your new stuff, you do missions across the map. The AI can do it too, so their ships get more advanced over the years.

B)Another ground based RTS with more flexibility and units that New Worlds, and a skirmish mode.

7. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed on both. Legacy sounded great in concept and until the release it seemed like it would be great but about 5-10 missions were cut butchering the story along with the best features. If it had been done as promoted it would have been the Crysis of 2006 in graphics and physics with a good gameplay interface that is kind of a hybrid of Bridge Commander, Starfleet Command and Armada.

8. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

A combination of Starflight (80's PC game), Bridge Commander for space battles, and Elite Force for away and ship-based missions. A long single-player campaign, RPG character design - you can start at Helm, Ops, Engineering, etc., and a multiplayer capacity similar to LOTRO in which certain away missions must be done with multiple player characters.
    On a Galaxy Class.
    :)

9. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

10. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would like to see a combination of Star Trek Conquest and Star Trek Legacy. Give it a galaxy map that's turn based (with multiple sizes/star systems, the number of fleets you get based on the size of the map). Give us the ablilty of make alliances (and have the choice to make preset alliances that can't be changed, for example if I wanted to recreate the Dominion War). Including the Borg as a normal race would also be a plus.

Also include more ships then Conquest (at least 6 per side) and make them more expensive and better balanced, so it's longer before you replace all your ships with the most powerful/expensive ship. I would also like to see more ship upgrades to every system (speed, handling, weapons, shields, etc).

Make the combat similar to Legacy, except with more ships per fleet (maybe 10-12). I would also like to create a task force with your allied fleets, though that might be hard to balance.

11. EEE

EEE Captain Captain

I was about to post "Turn-based Star Fleet Command," (which is basically SFB computerized for click-festers) I did do a Vassal module for Federation Commander (with an SFB compatible element), but Cole @ ADB isn't real personable nor responsive. (He never even let me get to the "I did this for free" part).

12. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

A much more in depth equivalent of Birth of the Federation or an up to date version of Bridge Commander spanning all of Star Trek's future history.

14. PhaserJunky

PhaserJunky Ensign Newbie

I'd love to see a Star Trek game that is along the same lines as Homeworld 1 and 2. Both had great engines and a real 3D environment feel, unlike Armada.

I always thought it was fun to attack from all directions :p

15. General_Phoenix

General_Phoenix Captain Captain

My ideal Trek game would be something like Privateer, or Elite.

16. Balthier the Great

Balthier the Great Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think an adventure creator like this one would work that way. It's designed to make adventures like Monkey Island, but I think it could work
    http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/

I like this toolkit, but it's better suited to making turn-based JRPGS
    http://www.toolkitzone.com/

I haven't found any FPS creators, but I'm sure they're out there.